New DJI Googles Most Advanced So Far?

Reaction score
Perhaps I am wrong but I don't believe DJI has made googles so far. Is this the most advanced? The review has an indepth video that can really goes into detail. At the very least there are some strong details to consider.

new googles .png

I think you meant goggles?
What is so advanced about them?

Reactions: Suhail78
only if you buy the HDMI adapter. I believe it is about 100$.

Wow, I am impressed with these goggles specs.

Best thing is that they have been designed for a drone, specifically for DJI drones. They can be used for races with 110ms total max latency, which means an accuracy of 16 feet at an speed of 100 mph or 1.6 feet at an speed of 10 mph. Though that's not enough but its incredible in the first version of DJI Goggles version.

My only concern is that these are not just the monitors, they contain full processing and guess may have android or unix OS inside. The real concern is that DJI has limited site experience with such a complex OS based equipments. Lets hope all goes well as DJI engineers are behind this wonderful product.

I am sure prices of all other goggles in the market will crash after this is available readily. For example, Glyph at $499 will have tough time to sell to any DJI drone operator?

All seems to be good except one that it does not have bluetooth support to work with headphone/ airbus etc.

Reactions: Bermuda Sunset
only if you buy the HDMI adapter. I believe it is about 100$.
From the info I have gathered from DJI so far, only the Mavic will work with wireless connection to their goggles. The Inspire and Phantoms don't have Ocusync and hence will need a wired HDMI connection (which is the HDMI module for the Phantom 4, Inspire already has it on the controller).
Why the hell they made the goggles with Ocusync instead of LightBridge I don't know, made more sense to me for them to be LightBridge.

Reactions: Ronald Reedy
I was right on the edge of buying Glyph till I saw these, now I am right on the fence between the two options.
Glyph weigh half as much, look less 'dorky' when wearing and have visibility above and below.
DJI goggles are 1080 (vs 720 on Glyph), 90 degree FoV (vs 45 on Glyph) and when you equalise the comparative distances the DJI goggles are an 80" ( vs 55") screen at 9ft.

Rather pricey yes, but considering that the smallest "Crystalsky" was 20 bucks more... At any rate, by the time my semi-local Best Buy stocks em' I'll have paid-down my infrequently used card with them used to buy the P4.

The CrystalSky units are a complete miss for me, it is basically a smartphone/tablet like Apple/Android units are but severely limited to running DJI Go and having a 'brighter bulb'. Simply not worth paying these prices for.
The goggles are however fairly reasonably priced but the decision to use wireless OcuSync rather than LightBridge is just utter madness to me.

Rather pricey yes, but considering that the smallest "Crystalsky" was 20 bucks more... At any rate, by the time my semi-local Best Buy stocks em' I'll have paid-down my infrequently used card with them used to buy the P4.

The DJI Goggles connect to Phantom and Inspire drones over USB and not over an HDMI connection. They act as the Tablet or Phone connection. You don't need to buy the HDMI adapter for it to work on the Phantom series.
At least that is what the specs say on the site. Mine is on the way and I will know once it arrives.

The DJI Goggles connect to Phantom and Inspire drones over USB and not over an HDMI connection. They act as the Tablet or Phone connection. You don't need to buy the HDMI adapter for it to work on the Phantom series.
At least that is what the specs say on the site. Mine is on the way and I will know once it arrives.

Please let us know how this works out. Does the "DJI Go 4" run on the googles? I don't understand how you can use the goggles and not have the phone/tablet in operation as well.

A 'version' of DJI Go 4 runs on the goggles with the touch pad on the right side used as the control interface. Whilst not quite as simple to use as a full HD tablets touch screen it does have a lot of controls and multi-touch ways to do almost all you could do on a tablet/phone and things like auto take off etc are there.
Personally I would still use both (your controller should have two USB sockets, one full sized and one mini) the tablet and goggles. That way you have the tablet for setup, calibrations etc. and the goggles for fpv.

I got one but I'm not impressed due to its size and weight. It has 1080p screen but it has its own SW, that bothers me as it adds one more variant.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka