New Bird - Camera sensor error/No image transmission

Reaction score
My previous P4P became friends with a few tree branches so I sent it into DJI to be replaced. I don't know if they sent me a new bird or a refurbished. Either way, it's not the same as the other one. That one was rock solid and flew great. I had total confidence in it. This one keeps giving me errors and sometimes the camera turns on a strange angle. The errors are Camera sensor error and No image transmission. I didn't see these during the first few flights. Now I can almost count on seeing them while I'm flying. Shutting the app down doesn't do anything. I can make them go away by landing, turning the bird off then back on. It's good for a little while then the error comes back.

I did a search before posting. Some posts had no solution. There were a few that mentioned replacing the ribbon cable and another said to replace one of the boards. This is a new bird (or it should be new) so I shouldn't have to take it apart. Hopefully I don't have to send it back to DJI.

Current versions that I'm using are -

App - 4.1.12
Aircraft - 01.04.0602
Remote - 01.04.01.00

This is a new bird (or it should be new)
Most likely a refurbished unit. That's the way DJI works the majority of the time. Unfortunately, you may need to contact DJI again......Yes I know....a major PITB.

I just pulled up the DJI support email from when this was sent to me. I'll give them a call in the morning.

Looks like it's going back. I'm going to check the firmware updates tonight and might do any that apply to see if that takes care of the problem. Bad time to have this go down. It might be my incentive to buy another one as a spare (not that I want to).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl