My phantom fell off and landed hard - no damage but its odd.

Reaction score
I was doing a panoramic shots from like 150 meters and then I started descending slowly.

At the point where phantom was at around 20-30 meters it started falling fast (lke 6 seconds to the ground).

First I thought it will crash apart but it landed on legs and bounced a little (motors were on all the time).

Bettery slided off like 1mm after that crash but it was still charged.

I also found out that 2 props were so loose that I could remove them witout rotating! How could that happened? If I would not placed them properly then I would not be able to do 10 minutes of flight. Did they loosen because of that hard landing? Then why only 2 of them? (the silver ones).

And one of them was like that:

hwifea.jpg

I had a very similiar crash before: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9687&p=82636#p82636

I wont trust anymore to those ,,self tightening" propellers and I am going to buy carbon ones wit this:

4-x-nakr%C4%99tki-%C5%9Bmigie%C5%82-do-dji-phantom-1-2-vision-2.jpg

Re: My phantom fell off and landed hard - no damage but its

i have never had a problem with my propellers but i have had few crashes first one i think was because i had my wifi on my go pro could this be your case ? the second was yesterday when i changed the stick controls over never had problem with propellers onl;y after the crash they are on extremely tight

Re: My phantom fell off and landed hard - no damage but its

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
i have never had a problem with my propellers but i have had few crashes first one i think was because i had my wifi on my go pro could this be your case ? the second was yesterday when i changed the stick controls over never had problem with propellers onl;y after the crash they are on extremely tight

I do like instruction and video says: Put them on that just rotate them fast and they go to the point when they stop rotating.

But I think that some forces could loose them and they are not tighten anymore...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart