My p4p dropped to it’s death

This is scary.... Recently I have seen so many phantom 4's just drop out of the sky. Hard to know if this is a hardware or a software issue. Glad you got a replacement. This may be a one off from Amazon so contact DJI about this and maybe take out state farm insurance as Amazon may not replace it again if this happens. Fingers crossed it doesnt tho
I was very happy with Amazon for stepping up and sending me a new one just on my word that it fell on it’s own accord. The insurance idea is a good one, thanks.

Hardware or Software issue? How about a pilot error? There's plenty of those too.

Bud

This is scary.... Recently I have seen so many phantom 4's just drop out of the sky. Hard to know if this is a hardware or a software issue. Glad you got a replacement. This may be a one off from Amazon so contact DJI about this and maybe take out state farm insurance as Amazon may not replace it again if this happens. Fingers crossed it doesnt tho

I just don't understand some of these crashes. I have had my P4Pro for well over a year now and have flown next to all kinds of steel structures with never an issue. I've flown it the length of a steel bridge (inside the framework) many times. Along high powered hydro lines. Right up close to the hub of some huge wind turbines and even followed alongside a freight train this spring and not a single problem.

I guess I just got a great DJI Pro 4, an excellent iPad Mini 4, a top notch controller, great propellers and super duper batteries. I'm just a lucky guy I guess.

Bud

Mine dropped out of the sky three weeks ago. I was experiencing GPS errors previously. I opened a ticket with DJi and they had me do a recalibration. It worked for a week. Then after 25 minutes of flying, I changed my battery and flew again for another 15minutes (45% battery left) I received a "Signal Disconnected" error. It flew at full throttle (actually sounded faster than I've heard) for about four seconds then powered off.

I have DJi care. I mentioned that this seems to be a factory default. It's been on their bench over a week with no resolution yet.

I'd be the first to admit pilot error but I wasn't doing anything, I was reading my screen and my buddy told me that it was gone. I think that the one cell of the battery losing power was enough to overload the motor but I still don't know why it went down, the warning said the aircraft will decelerate for safety and down she went.

Matchlock Bud, Amazon was kind enough to ship me a brand new drone but sadly I wasn’t lucky enough to get a battery that would take a charge although Amazon came to the rescue again and had me ship my drone back to them so they could send me a new one. Here’s where I’m hoping I can get as lucky as you Bud and get some good stuff.

Just happened to me yesterday. Signal Disconnected and next thing I know it fell 162 feet out of the sky. Drone was only about 60 yards from me and in sight. Little confused on how to get the flight data. Is the flight data stored on my IPAD? If so why would I need to transfer this data to a Mac computer, cant I just look at it on my IPAD? Thanks for any help

Is the flight data stored on my IPAD? If so why would I need to transfer this data to a Mac computer, cant I just look at it on my IPAD?
The log must be converted to readable format. You will need to use Itune's to upload it for conversion. Follow the link in Post#18.

I was very relieved and grateful that they took my word and replaced it, I want to send out another big thank you to Amazon for their most excellent customer service!

Reactions: Neon Euc
My impression is, an extremely rare mechanical failure.
Sounds like a motor bearing started to give up, sending the overheat alarm, then siezed completely.
Did you happen to turn each motor by hand to feel for differences?
But that may not be a valid technique after impact.
I augered my P3P into a desert floor and all the bearings felt like they were made of gravel.

Extremely rare sounds good, I’ve got my new drone and I’ve been nervous when I take it up because there was only about 2 seconds between the warning and the drop of death. I didn’t think to try to turn the motors before sending it back. I probably only had 5 or 6 hrs flight time on it before it crashed so it was virtually a brand new drone.

I just don't understand some of these crashes. I have had my P4Pro for well over a year now and have flown next to all kinds of steel structures with never an issue. I've flown it the length of a steel bridge (inside the framework) many times. Along high powered hydro lines. Right up close to the hub of some huge wind turbines and even followed alongside a freight train this spring and not a single problem.

I guess I just got a great DJI Pro 4, an excellent iPad Mini 4, a top notch controller, great propellers and super duper batteries. I'm just a lucky guy I guess.

Bud

Everybody says that until they have one fall out of the sky. I've never had a mishap with my P4P either but it does happen.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164