My P4 vanished

I have a P3A but twice (you would think once was enough) I have been surprised to find on landing that the battery was not locked home. The battery was quite tight at the last push but there is no doubt about the strength of the latch once it is properly inserted.

It would not have landed at that location - it would have returned home to land. If it were a case of power failure then it would have done a rock impersonation.
, that's awesome. My P3P did one over the Nevada desert.
I over rode the low bat warning a little too long.
When it became critical, I full sticked straight overhead, and full stick down.
I could see it and hear it.
With full stick down, looking at the screen, the motor noise just stopped.
It didn't really register what just happened as I frantically tried to regain visual, about that time I heard the impact on hard desert floor.
Hit nearly 180° up side down. So hard I had to search for the camera/gimbal.
And that's why I now have a P4P.
Love your rock impersonation, made me laugh out loud. Good one.

I have a P3A but twice (you would think once was enough) I have been surprised to find on landing that the battery was not locked home. The battery was quite tight at the last push but there is no doubt about the strength of the latch once it is properly inserted.
I've had the battery latch issues only with aftermarket bats.
It gave a power warning, several times, but they never slid all the way out.
With some careful inspection and some razor blade trimming, they work identical to factory bats.
But yes, double checking your battery latch is an essential step.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
ByronB, great suggestion about putting a document on the memory card. Never heard or thought of that before. Great advice

I feel your pain. I really miss having a drone, but watching two of mine take off for parts unknown over the tree-tops, never to be seen again, has put me off them for a while.

I was piloting my drone at about 150 ft altitude about a quarter mile away. Everything was operating as normal into about a 2 minute flight, when all of a sudden it said, high winds, signal lost then my phone rebooted. The drone never came home and my phone wouldn't reconnect with it. I have no idea where my drone is. Can anyone help?
Pilot error for sure

I got my drone back. Pilot error for sure. It was 2 doors down in the back yard.

I **** you not, my phone turned off with 55% battery. Early on. Maybe the 40-50 second mark. As indicated by previous posts. I was planning in scoping the hill to the left. After i lost the phone, I figured I should bring it back, so I held backward on the stick. As far as i know i'm heading backward over the place i just came from. Turns out i was backing into a tree

First. ..Most of you guys are awesome for trying to help me.

Some of you complaining about VLOS, for sure, have flown your toys farther than this. xx <content modified by moderator>xx

The plan was to fly to the pines, look at the hill, do a spin, and turn around.

In hindsight i should have sent it to 250' and i would'nt have had any issue

Attachments

• IMG-20180330-WA0021.jpeg
    IMG-20180330-WA0021.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 307
  • 20180330_163754.jpg
    20180330_163754.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 340
I got my drone back. Pilot error for sure. It was 2 doors down in the back yard.

I **** you not, my phone turned off with 55% battery. Early on. Maybe the 40-50 second mark. As indicated by previous posts. I was planning in scoping the hill to the left. After i lost the phone, I figured I should bring it back, so I held backward on the stick. As far as i know i'm heading backward over the place i just came from. Turns out i was backing into a tree

First. ..Most of you guys are awesome for trying to help me.

Some of you complaining about VLOS, for sure, have flown your toys farther than this. ...eat a ****!

YouTube

The plan was to fly to the pines, look at the hill, do a spin, and turn around.

In hindsight i should have sent it to 250' and i would'nt have had any issue

OK - you didn't mention that you held backward elevator after the phone app quit. So it was not a downlink disconnect - just an app failure. Thanks for confirming.

Hello, you can put out flyers for a reward of the P4. This happen to me. I was taking photos of a site for a guy wanting to buy some open land. My P3 lost signal, and the P3 never came back. So I shut off my controller until I was near the last location on my P3. I turned on my controller and it connected with the P3 I took about 5 photos of a guy looking at my p3 inside his house. So I got the GPS coordinates and used my phone with Google maps took me to the guys house. He didn't want to give up my P3 I ended up calling the police and they made him give it back.

Hello, you can put out flyers for a reward of the P4. This happen to me. I was taking photos of a site for a guy wanting to buy some open land. My P3 lost signal, and the P3 never came back. So I shut off my controller until I was near the last location on my P3. I turned on my controller and it connected with the P3 I took about 5 photos of a guy looking at my p3 inside his house. So I got the GPS coordinates and used my phone with Google maps took me to the guys house. He didn't want to give up my P3 I ended up calling the police and they made him give it back.
You have some great stories.

Reactions: RW8888
Thanks for the quick response, msinger.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I'm at a loss. Aliens?

Dude, that SUCKS!!!!! So sorry to hear that, and now I’m even MORE paranoid to fly too high or too far away, as we have crazy gusts out here that come out of nowhere. Perhaps when you either get it back (fingers crossed-might want to post a reward on Craigslist) OR get another one....maybe attach a gps chip to it?

That Battery gets a lot of new comers as it can be deceiving , so we made this video to show off are Phantom Rain wetsuits and the issue that so many have had with the battery and how little it takes to dislodge.

Before you watch the video, Please realize that this video was part of 8 other videos all designed for Explain the Phantom Rain Wet Suits.

DO NOT WATCH THE VIDEO IF YOU THIS OFFENDS YOU.

But it also happens to be a really good video explaining the battery and has helped many.

Approved Vedor: phantomrain.org

Last edited:
I see you turning it on and pulling the active battery out.with the drone still activated.....Thats the equivalent of shutting down a computer by pulling the plug of the active computer down by pulling the plug out of the wall......Both are harmful on the electronics by the spark at the battery or a computers plug in fact i have read that in the Dji manual...... " Never pull the battery out with out doing the proper shut down".....my batterys all snap in properly and i sure cant dislodge them like you did !...... .well any how good luck !

Reactions: RW8888
That Battery gets a lot of new comers as it can be deceiving , so we made this video to show off are Phantom Rain wetsuits and the issue that so many have had with the battery and how little it takes to dislodge.

Approved Vedor: phantomrain.org

I don’t like how you seize an opportunity to sell your stuff. Approved “vedor “ or not.

I don’t like how you seize an opportunity to sell your stuff. Approved “vedor “ or not.
Not even one of the other approved "Vendors" here just "Jump".. on the opportunity to sell things like you are !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart