My P2 isn't stable

Reaction score
Hi guys,

For couple days I have a problem with my P2. After I downgraded to 1.08 my P2 don't keep possition. Is moving around my point. Up or down, left or right, forward or backward almost a 40-50 cm.

What you suggest me to do? Maybe gains are not good?

Thx in advance for support!

Have you re-calibrated everything in RC and P2 assistant, compass cal, IMU calibration, x-y-z should be +/-300 and mods 1400-1800.

In the UK? The last 3 days have since the K index at 4 or 5.

I'm sure someone who knows a lot will be along....

ginsonic said:
Hi guys,

For couple days I have a problem with my P2. After I downgraded to 1.08 my P2 don't keep possition. Is moving around my point. Up or down, left or right, forward or backward almost a 40-50 cm.

What you suggest me to do? Maybe gains are not good?

Thx in advance for support!

Is this on a toally calm day? I got like a whole metre side to side variation today but it was breezy so I assume it's the wind for me.

It's entirely normal for a hovering Phantom to slowly wander around within perhaps a 2m radius circle, because that's the limit of the accuracy of GPS. You should be actively "flying" it while hovering, to maintain its position.

How high were you flying?

From my experience, I usually get a bit of movement while hovering at around <10 feet.

HarryT is also right about the 2m radius, but it does kind of look like it holds position at a high altitude to me.

UrAwFuL said:
From my experience, I usually get a bit of movement while hovering at around <10 feet.

You're absolutely right that if you're hovering in the turbulence from the Phantom's ground-effect, you get a lot more movement than if you're higher up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl