My new record 5.1 km

saao said:
Hey guys did my personal best of 5.1km and total 10.3 km at this mark the distance went n/a it was around 16400 feet does this happen?

http://www.flytrex.com/omer.saeed.73/

That is a looooooong flight. I don't know if there are many people who have flown that far to experience that problem. You may have to do it again to see if the problem is reproducible.
I looked at your flytrex site. You have gone 47mph with your quad? Was it sitting on your car???

What kind of set uup are you using to be able to go so far?

Hahahaah if u look closely I am on high altitudes so their is no way it can be sitting on a car people have gone way faster here I guess winds give u a bit of a push as well I am using fpvhorizon antennas Amps for 2.4 and 5.8 sunhans

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422112724.776405.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422112724.776405.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 943
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422112761.447278.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422112761.447278.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 940
That's a nice rack of goods right there. Congrats on the distance!

file.php

saao said:
Thank u everyone my concern now is how to measure distance if I Wana go further as the ap says n/a ?

Welcome to the distance flier club.
Its a issue that i have encountered before.
It used to be 2km on metric or 20.000ft for imperial before it hits the n/a.
When i did my record attempts i noticed that from V1.0.54 for android the n/a kicked in on approx 18.000ft.
So what version on, what device are you using ?

@terrylowe

I did a 78,20 mph flight, so its nothing out of the ordinary in high winds and when you catch a wind-gust.

ToThePoint said:
I did a 78,20 mph flight, so its nothing out of the ordinary in high winds and when you catch a wind-gust.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

terrylowe said:
ToThePoint said:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:) ;) :eek: :? :lol: :roll: :ugeek:

Its not without risk.
@ that speeds the bird comes back very fast.
I even lost mine out of sight the last time i did a attempt to improve even that, it overshoot the position i was standing and i didn't notice that.
Lucky i am familiar with the use of the radar.
So i knew there was something fishy and prayed that it would make it back in time as it crawled forwards.
It couldn't descend to have less head wind and it advanced only a 2-3mph.
Scary moments.

ToThePoint said:
saao said:
Thank u everyone my concern now is how to measure distance if I Wana go further as the ap says n/a ?

Welcome to the distance flier club.
Its a issue that i have encountered before.
It used to be 2km on metric or 20.000ft for imperial before it hits the n/a.
When i did my record attempts i noticed that from V1.0.54 for android the n/a kicked in on approx 18.000ft.
So what version on, what device are you using ?

@terrylowe

Well I have the latest app on my iPhone 6 plus which I believe updated last night automatically. My flight was 16700 feet and it said n/a

What I'll do now is that I have purchased the fpv camera app lets see if it even says n/A or will it show the distance cause I am to scared to use the booster since I have heard terror stories and I really didn't ever use the apps my system goes well anyway no lag or connection issue

The showed distance is application related, i guess.
When i am back in long distance, when the new bird is finished and all test are a 100% i'm going to downgrade a version of the app on the android tablet and see if it gets back to the 20.00ft before it goes to n/a.

mede8er said:
No..version 3.0 of Assistant....current version is 3.06 I think....that's the one that limits the distance you can see....

Currently its V3.08 but thats beside the point.
I also refer to V1.08 as i don't like any further versions.
I updated the app and then it changed from 20.000ft to 18.000ft or so, could be like saao stated 16.something.
Its to long ago to recall it exactly and @ the time i noticed it was already on n/a cause i didn't expect it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl