Mine was working on a 1GB file for over 4 hours! What version of Windows are you using? If you send me a private message (don't want the admins to get grumpy ;)), I can probably help you out. Include everything you think I might want to know. No detail is too small.

(Just discovered the shipper inextricably cancelled my order!! :mad::mad:)
Win 7. My full flight 4K 60fps 17GB video files take about 2 hours, which is acceptable, as long as they complete without errors. The automated YT upload with the new custom selectable thumbnail from the video in PP unfortunately craps out every time, and is a known PP CC 2018 bug. Sent you a PM reply. Thanks for the help, and, hopefully, that replacement CPU gets there soon!

This is my P3P video taken of the Calico Basin, Gateway Canyon Trail just west of Las Vegas located near the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area. As of yet, it has no sound and no titles. I wanted to get the video posted first. It was shot and uploaded in 4K.

This is by far my most daring and complex mission. Although I've been to the area several times, I had never viewed the Gateway Canyon Trail. (I'm not into long hikes!) I worked out the path in Google Earth Pro first, exported it to a .KML file and then imported it into Litchi Hub where I refined the curves and waypoints. The total distance is 2.8 miles with a flight time of 15 minutes according to Litchi. The actual flight time is just over 13 minutes.

This mission was a success largely due to the very favorable weather. Winds were calm (i.e. less than 3 mph) meaning the winds in the canyon itself would be negligible. However, I did forget to set my RTH altitude and that could have been a huge problem! Live and learn...

I hope you enjoy it!

Mission Hub
that is some dramatic footage. congrats on a successful mission!

Truly spectacular and gutsy video but it cries out for a musical accompaniment, something like the theme from Bonanza or even the theme from 'Rocky' (that's a joke, son).
I'm amazed that the signal was not lost when the RC and AC were separated by solid rock.

Reactions: DenMac
Truly spectacular and gutsy video but it cries out for a musical accompaniment, something like the theme from Bonanza or even the theme from 'Rocky' (that's a joke, son).
I'm amazed that the signal was not lost when the RC and AC were separated by solid rock.
Signal was lost, but the mission continues with Litchi. Unfortunately, without signal, no manual override of the exposure, the gimbal elevation, or the aircraft orientation relative to flight direction is possible, to improve framing of the subject. You are literally flying blind, until signal is restored. Still, it allows exploring where no man or drone has gone before! :cool:

Reactions: DenMac
Nice. Very brave mission.
You must have strong nerves sending the bird out of sight with no picture and no data on the remote almost the half time of the mission?
That last lift close and over the rocks is extraordinary. How could you plan that so precisely. It seems to me that you planned even the distance from the rocks or a slope at which the AC ascend by and over the hill.
I can only admire such flight. And of course you must rely on the maps 100% !
Best regards!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl