My first serious video edit. Let me know what y’all think!

Nice and not to far from me .
0ROJYyg.png
0ROJYyg.png

We have the Ten-Tom run right by Amory so I get to chase the barges a lot .
Our lakes here and in Aberdeen way smaller though .

Reactions: BradleyWayne
New to forum.......hard to get to correct place for questions.
I have had a phantom 4+ for over a year and still don’t understand all I know about it. The question I have is: What is the purpose of having a card reader on the bird as well as the one on the controller? Which do you you use when viewing on an iPad?......and what is the other for?

Isn’t it amazing what views from above bring, nice editing, only tip I would give is using a filter or decrease exposure in bright light and these are things I rarely get right because I only notice after I get home and review footage.

I was ready with my, your clips are too long, your clips are jerky, etc. comments but none applied. I think it was very good video.

If you want _some_ criticism, I'd recommend mixing in other shots that tell a story and tell a story in some way. Why should a person watch this video? What are you giving them? Perhaps some nice titles to tell people where this is. Perhaps some type of introduction to the area. Perhaps some facts and then use the pictures to make it entertaining. I think this is a start for you and perhaps you are working on getting to another level. I'm just throwing something in the mix because I can't really offer any criticism about the video itself. It was very well done.

We have the Ten-Tom run right by Amory so I get to chase the barges a lot .
Our lakes here and in Aberdeen way smaller though .

I’m from north east Arkansas. We just took a day trip over there for my father in law to check out the lake. He has a bass tournament there coming up.

Reactions: dirkclod
Isn’t it amazing what views from above bring, nice editing, only tip I would give is using a filter or decrease exposure in bright light and these are things I rarely get right because I only notice after I get home and review footage.

Thanks. I had a filter on it but probably not a dark enough one.

I was ready with my, your clips are too long, your clips are jerky, etc. comments but none applied. I think it was very good video.

If you want _some_ criticism, I'd recommend mixing in other shots that tell a story and tell a story in some way. Why should a person watch this video? What are you giving them? Perhaps some nice titles to tell people where this is. Perhaps some type of introduction to the area. Perhaps some facts and then use the pictures to make it entertaining. I think this is a start for you and perhaps you are working on getting to another level. I'm just throwing something in the mix because I can't really offer any criticism about the video itself. It was very well done.

I really appreciate all that. And I totally agree with everything you said. It was just a quick road trip over there to see that lake and that was really the only footage I got. Thanks again!

tcope got a good point, using ground based photos mixed with ground video and drone work makes great presentations, wish I thought of it more, but I get so busy and jacked up when I’m flying never think about it except on my eclipse video, again I only think of it after getting home. Neat on the spot trick is to take pics and video on ground just holding the drone, gimbal takes out shakes, etc, and matches up with drone video. You ready to dive bomb view one of the barges?

What edit sw? You should have some latitude with exposure and the likes, my favorite time to video is bright cloudy days, bright sunlight makes it so hard for me to get decent contrast, but we take what we can when we get there, oh the perils of being the “director”

tcope got a good point, using ground based photos mixed with ground video and drone work makes great presentations, wish I thought of it more, but I get so busy and jacked up when I’m flying never think about it except on my eclipse video, again I only think of it after getting home. Neat on the spot trick is to take pics and video on ground just holding the drone, gimbal takes out shakes, etc, and matches up with drone video. You ready to dive bomb view one of the barges?

I agree. Yes I am.

What edit sw? You should have some latitude with exposure and the likes, my favorite time to video is bright cloudy days, bright sunlight makes it so hard for me to get decent contrast, but we take what we can when we get there, oh the perils of being the “director”

I just used iMovie on my MacBook Air.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164