My first edit

Finally found a good place to get some video, what do you guys think of my first edit?

Personally, I would avoid any shots that have the props in it. And I would do my shots in slow panning movements instead of quick ones. Are you using any ND filters?

Looks good brother for your first time. Can I suggest one thing. Remember to move slow panning up and down and also when rotating (panning) side to side. Keeps the quality as clear as possible. Video looks good.

Chris

Cool.
The over shot of the blue tractor was really nice.

I would recommend doing much smoother pans and tilts if you intend to keep them in the video.
Though I think it is often best to just edit them out altogether, and instead fade one steady shot into another when shifting view. When filming, think in - and plan for - steady shots, either stationary or with the camera moving, and avoid pans and tilts all together if you don't need to actually show the "connection" between two different views. Or, while moving the camera, you may need to pan to keep the subject in view. Or if the subject is moving, you may need to pan to keep it in view.

About the occasional props in the view; to me that is a much less problem, especially in this kind of video. Contrary, I think it can sometimes sort of give a sense of awareness of context, like being high up in a vehicle. At lower altitudes though I think it is more annoying.

Really good area you have there to fly in, not much houses, and interesting landscape.

Just my 2c

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl