Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

My Feelings on this Forum...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by David777, Jul 24, 2015.

1. David777

I hate all of you, with a passion, seriously. I had every intention of waiting a couple more weeks before buying the P3P, and using my pay check this week to finish paying off an old credit card. But after reading the threads on this forum multiple times a day, almost every day, you all have forced me to order one today lol.

In all seriousness though, this forum has been a great resource for just about anything I could have wanted to know about the unit, and you're all great for continuously posting your experiences "good and bad". I really really really can't wait for it to finally get here! lol

ianwood, Bubba, Josh Curtiss and 6 others like this.
  2. envisionabove

clapping.gif 299481a1w9czrf0r.gif
    And you get the Famous .....
    unicorn kitty.jpg

3. apsphoto

Congrats this forum does have a lot of great info. I had looked at the Solo and decided that was a ways off from being able to do what I want to do, so I ended up with a P3 and it does work great. And like any hobby item, this is only the start of the madness, there are all the accessories, filters, gimbal guards, cases..... it never end..... :D muhahahahahaha off to my madness....

Alan

JohnK and David777 like this.
  4. SlappyMcAssSmack

Right? I thought I had researched buying my Phantom 2 fairly well, but had no idea the 3 was slated to roll out, and now I'm crying, AS THE THREE SOUNDS FIFTY TIMES BETTER.

David777 likes this.
  5. David777

Lol, I had actually been wanting a Cannes edition of the Phantom 2 from DSLRPros for a long time. And then I seen the Solo, and I decided to put off purchasing anything until it came out, because I wanted to see if it lived up to all it's hype. And I was really hoping it would. And then.. well.. I'm sure you've seen what's come of that lately. Maybe the 2nd version will be better. But the P3 is just so much more awesome than all of the above. I've been into photography for a long while, and videography more recently "I'd really like a blackmagic cinema camera next...", and the P3 just seems to do each so well.

As far as the filters and accessories comment above.. Yess... I know... I can imagine that the cost of the Phantom is about to double or triple by the time I get all the accessories I want for it! lol.

6. John Locke

They fly sweet, you'll fall in love. Flying it will become you're new sunset ritual, getting sunset photos and video of various things.

Then you'll need to buy all the accessories:
    Hard case $200
    Backpack $50-150
    2 more batteries $300
    another set of props (has a total of 2 sets) $6
    Prop balancer $30
    Ipad (if you don't have one) $300-$400
    Ipad sun shade $20
    Wind anemometer $30
    Another 100W charger $60

It's only money.

StumbleBee and David777 like this.
  7. David777

I ordered a hardcase backpack and an extra battery already. I need to pick up a set of filters, that's for sure. Like most of my hobbies, this seems to be an expensive one lol

8. YolevonALLin

Good choice. Solo is terrible.. But I must say the p3 is great except for my tilted horizon. So frustrating

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

9. David777

Yeah, I've seen that a lot. Definitely not something I'm looking forward to having to possibly deal with. Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones lol

10. Ari

Ari

Are people seriously liking this post? Be financially responsible and pay off your credit cards before you shell out $$ for something you sound like you're going to break or loose pretty quickly.

11. David777

First of all, the comment was made in jest. And I do well off enough that the cost of this quadcopter isn't really going to set me back any. Furthermore, what comment did I make to lead you to an assumption that this is going to be something that I "loose" or break quickly? This isn't the first quadcopter that I'll have used. To be honest, I fail to see the point of your comment at all. Why come on here for the purpose of being an asshat to someone you know nothing about? Just makes you seem like a dick.

Youngbill, kirk2579 and Jbundy63 like this.
  12. jryser

Re calibrate your IMU!

Sent from my PT beating heart

13. Jbundy63

Hey man! I like this post! Congratulations David777

David777 likes this.
  14. Milly

I like what your saying, but I have not been here long enough to give a strong opinion about anything.
    I have found the forum both helpful and amusing, but I still struggle with a lot of the techno stuff.

15. StumbleBee

LOL, you nailed it...with one exception; the tracking device. Otherwise, you're good. ;)