Multi Rotor for Fuji X cameras

Reaction score
Dear all,

I am new to the copter topic, nevertheless having read a lot during the last weeks.

I would like to fly Fuji X cameras on a Mulit Rotor. Either Fuji X100 or Fuji X-T1 with different lenses.

I have seen some simlilar topics in old postings, but these only fit partly to my questions and maybe there are major new developments in both fields (Fuji Cameras and Multi Rotors).

I would like to buy a solution straight from a vendor (DJI?), with high convenience, quality and usability, including FPV (glasses),.. (preferrably mostly no DIY)

What would be your suggestions?

best regards,

Michael

Hi Michael

I'm new to this subject too....

But from what i've read you need a BIG BIRD

The X100S it's 450 grs with the short lens and Lenses are not light...
Also you need a much larger Gimbal to hold that camera.

Is there any reason why you need that specific camera on the sky ?

Regards
Alex

alx said:
Hi Michael

I'm new to this subject too....

But from what i've read you need a BIG BIRD

The X100S it's 450 grs with the short lens and Lenses are not light...
Also you need a much larger Gimbal to hold that camera.

Is there any reason why you need that specific camera on the sky ?

Regards
Alex

Alex,

why I want to use these cameras - because I have them and theit picture quality is much better than a GoPro, close to my full frame Canon EOS mk III.

I believe the X100 should be lighter, but not the X-T1 with (large) lenses.

I also assume that a Phantom 2 (future hopefully Phantom 3) would not fit - any adverse opinions?

regards,

Michael

any other suggestions for such a case better (for me: more convinient/integrated) as DJI?

best regards,

Michael

Not really, there's other platforms that can carry cameras of that size but none are as well-integrated as the DJI options.

Independent of which platform you use, I would suggest looking at the Arris Shaoyun gimbal as the most cost-effective option for compact cameras (micro four-thirds and APS-C type).

I have been through this so here goes. The XT1 and X100 are big cameras for a drone you would need something big to be stable. Your best bet is to use a camera as light as possible and you will need a drone bigger than the F550. I have a Tarot 680. Camera to consider that would work the best. Sony x100 series, Nikon J series, BlackMagic Pocket camera or a Nex 5. You also have to consider how to fire the shutter and also FPV. I had a hard time finding a HDMI to AV converter that would work. Most of the Ebay Chinese ones don't.
Then there is the gimbal. I am using a DYS gimbal but getting one setup is a hard issue by itself. You have to load software on your PC and calibrate the gyro and make adjustments to get it stable. It took me days to figure it out. There is an Ebay seller that sells the DYS shipped put together and calibrated out of the box. If I had to do it over again I would buy one of those.
I am using a Blackmagic Pocket that I bought during the 50% off sale and I also have a NEX 5. I have everything working but am waiting on a part to tie into my radio for a shutter release.

MichaelS2 said:
Dear all,

I am new to the copter topic, nevertheless having read a lot during the last weeks.

I would like to fly Fuji X cameras on a Mulit Rotor. Either Fuji X100 or Fuji X-T1 with different lenses.

I have seen some simlilar topics in old postings, but these only fit partly to my questions and maybe there are major new developments in both fields (Fuji Cameras and Multi Rotors).

I would like to buy a solution straight from a vendor (DJI?), with high convenience, quality and usability, including FPV (glasses),.. (preferrably mostly no DIY)

What would be your suggestions?

best regards,

Michael

I carried a 390g Samsung NX-1100 successfully on a stock Phantom 2, with a 50g mount included.

The X100T could theoretically fly on the Phantom 2 v2, with it's enhanced ESCs, motors and props. I just think it would have to be a very careful project, since I wouldn't want to crash with that camera on board.

I have been through this so here goes. The XT1 and X100 are big cameras for a drone you would need something big to be stable. Your best bet is to use a camera as light as possible and you will need a drone bigger than the F550. I have a Tarot 680. Camera to consider that would work the best. Sony x100 series, Nikon J series, BlackMagic Pocket camera or a Nex 5. You also have to consider how to fire the shutter and also FPV. I had a hard time finding a HDMI to AV converter that would work. Most of the Ebay Chinese ones don't.
Then there is the gimbal. I am using a DYS gimbal but getting one setup is a hard issue by itself. You have to load software on your PC and calibrate the gyro and make adjustments to get it stable. It took me days to figure it out. There is an Ebay seller that sells the DYS shipped put together and calibrated out of the box. If I had to do it over again I would buy one of those.
I am using a Blackmagic Pocket that I bought during the 50% off sale and I also have a NEX 5. I have everything working but am waiting on a part to tie into my radio for a shutter release.

Just out of interest, what sort of flying time do you get with that setup?

Malcolm

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl