Moverio BT-300 drone edition smart glasses

I've been flying with them for about 5 days, maybe 12 batteries.

For flying houses, and data gathering, walking and flying drone in close quarters they really seem to fill a need.
Constant LOS with great Framing and Exposure without fighting sun and glare and looking down.

I have not gotten the $250 IPD adjuster. HUGE downside. I'm able to push the unit uncomfortably up my face or push left or right to see edge of screen, but this is a frustration.

The resolution and most of all the readability is fantastic compared to an ipad.

BUT:

the processor is slow, and the OS is OLD. The USB connectivity is extremely frustrating. Just as my experience with pre 6.0 devices, its hit or miss. NEVER FLY BVLOS. It (headset) will crash and you will lose.

After using for this time its obvious that instead of directly center facing screen, it would be FAR more useful to see a screen just off center.
This way you'd have clear line of sight and just look to the side slightly to see what you need, as reference.
I understand this was developed as a Virtual Reality device but that is not perfect. An assistant screen to the side, and a camera to the other side would be AMAZING.

BUT:
The software is so 2010. seriously. Tools for data gathering. Compass Overlays, Full time Camera button availability and single push button screen capture would make this an essential tool for all pro pilots.

I dont see this being more useful than an ipad for someone who doesnt' walk with their drone to perform work though. Certainly not at this price point and performance. Its a pity they didn't use a proper OS, or completely separate the OS from the HDMI, which is all this really is.

YES they tout compass and gps integration but it doesn't work properly, and could just as easily be bluetoothed to an existing ipad or android of proper caliber.

Hello all,

Before I purchase these, I am looking for some input on the BT-300’s from anyone who has used them before. I will be using them on a new Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian with the latest firmware/software. I have read some old threads where the glasses were not performing very well after some DJI firmware updates. Here are a few questions I have:
-will these glasses work with the latest firmware?
-will DJI / Epson continue to support them through future updates?
-how well do they perform? Latency issues?

I am thinking of purchasing these because I like the idea of having VLOS as well FPV.

Any other input or suggestions would be appreciated , good or bad.

Thanks in advance,
Ronix
I've

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94