Mounting Double LED 'Headlights' to the P3P - Good idea?

Reaction score
Hey guys I have added some lighting to the P3, mainly for night flying but you can still see them in daylight.

They are attached with a rubber adjustable mounting, meaning the shell has not been touched in order to fix them in place.

I am looking for peoples opinion as to whether I should look for a lighter option as they both weigh 45g and I think I am experiencing a drift motion going forward, probably from the imbalance.

Suggestions? I do not want to potentially mess with the balance of the aircraft... Have any of you added extras to your P3 which are heavier? Would love to see ideas.

Below is a quick video I made of the lights earlier. It was pouring with rain hence the inside shots.

Reactions: TX-Xced
I attached 2 penlight type led torches to the skids with cable ties. No difference in balance at all. Didn't work very well but set to flashing made it very easy to see which way the P3 was pointing.

Reactions: stargater07
Is there such a whistle or high pitch noise emitting thing that can be attached to scare away bird?

I was literally dancing with a seagull on saturday lol

Is there such a whistle or high pitch noise emitting thing that can be attached to scare away bird?

I was literally dancing with a seagull on saturday lol
lol, I hate birds I thinking putting a small loud siren onto mine soon.

Reactions: D4T_PoM
lol, I hate birds I thinking putting a small loud siren onto mine soon.
Haha yeah the size of the sea gulls in Devon could easily bring a drone down no problem...

I'm going to look at silicon frog bike lights next. A lot less weight and a airplane style strobe light effect.

That wont work. What you need is something out of the ordinary that will scare them witless. It is the same with sheep. Toot your car horn at them they just look at you. What you need is a jack russel siren. The sheep move like hell and so do birds in the garden.

I don't know about the lights but that was almost a spectacular doggie decapitation.

I was actually interested in this original thread, but it seems that it has strayed way away from it's original subject. I am however curious as to why it has?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl