Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Motor error

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Help' started by neoflux, Jul 13, 2014.

1. neoflux

Hi,

My DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus does something strange. Whenever i'm ready for take off or when i've just landed and the motors are spinning on low speed, it seems one (or more) of the rotors start taking off. Automatically, without me touching the remote controll. It causes the DJI to partly take off and land on 2 props.
    It probably has something to do with a couple of crashes I had, but i'm wondering if there's a solution to this problem.

Thanks in advance!

2. EMCSQUAR

Sounds like you need to calibrate the sticks and do an advanced IMU calibration. Especially since you mention lightly that "it might have something to do with a couple of crashes".

3. neoflux

Thanks for the answer! I've already done that, twice... The problem persists...

4. OI Photography

1. Does it display any odd behavior/response while in flight?

2. Does this always happen at the same location, or have you experienced it at others?

5. neoflux

I'm not sure... I haven't been able to test this firmly due to bad weather conditions (first rain, so no go). Today I could take it for a spin, but there was quite the wind. The DJI had some trouble holding it's position (in both a horizontal and vertical way), but i'm not sure if it was the wind that caused it.

I'm testing this always in almost the same area (near my house). But I first noticed the issue on another location.