Motor broken, beeping with red light

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Today I crashed into a net and the Phantom fell on the ground (grass). Whenever I now try to turn on the motors, all the motors spin except one. Accompanying this problem is also a red light under the broken motor and a constant beeping sound.

Is the only way of fixing this to buy a new motor or is there another way to fix it?

Thanks and kind regards,

Merlijn

Loosen the motor and inspect it. There is a rod with a c-clip on the bottom, and set screw at the top. The set screw uses a 1.5mm allen wrench. This hopefully is enough info for to figure the rest out. Btw, in the pic I'm showing, the rod should be pressed up in the motor more to where the c-clip is nearly touching the housing.

Attachments

• (8).jpg
    (8).jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 486
This should give a better idea what the rod and c-clip should look like when in the correct location.

Attachments

• (4).jpg
    (4).jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 501
I removed the four screws beneath the motor but I can just barely get it out (not as far as in the first post). Should I take off the complete top cover of the Phantom or are those 4 screws enough?

Sorry for all the (stupid) questions but as you can guess I am pretty new at this :)

Edit : So, I took a picture of the c clip below the motor

Attachments

• IMG_05282.jpg
    IMG_05282.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 504
Had the same issue after taking P2 apart. It beeped and flashed the red light. I found that the connector from the motor circuit board to the main circuit board must of been bumped while I was fooling around. Just reset the plug at both ends and fixed problem. Try, could save some expense. later

Merlijn said:
Should I take off the complete top cover of the Phantom or are those 4 screws enough?

You'll find it easier to remove the top. I don't think the three wires on the motors are long enough to allow you to remove the motor body enough to work on if the top is left on. After a crash like that it would be a good idea to have a good check inside to make sure everything is ok, plugs are seated correctly and there is no other damage visible.

Merlijn said:
Sorry for all the (stupid) questions but as you can guess I am pretty new at this :){/quote]

....and that's exactly what this board is for. We all had to learn somewhere :geek:

If you get stuck or need any more advice, just shout :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl