Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Most Common Construction Applications?

Discussion in 'Construction' started by Consultant, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Consultant

Anyone have any idea of the Construction companies that are using aerials what applications are they getting the most benefit? It seems there is three main common categories:

- Progress monitoring - give a comprehensive birdseye view to see where the project is at

- Asset management - where are all my dump trucks and cranes?

- Volumetrics - How much dirt do we need to fill that hole? Or, how much gravel is left in that pile?

What's applications are most compelling?

dparkins, JWH and Juergen B like this.
  2. RiZe-TommyGun

I think it really benefits the owner the most and non-construction members of the project. It's easy to see progress when you can see the big picture. Eastgate 2.29.16 BEV.jpg
    Eastgate 2.29.16 square.jpg

Of course it also really helps with staging or RFI's that are related to the current progress of the project and are better shown with pictures then sketches on plans.

3. David Cooke

I'm working a construction now for a city . . they are refurbishing a city park built on an old dump, and move a public boat ramp at the same time . . I've been going every few days to update the progress. Each step can be evaluated and improved, progress tracked and options considered. It take a bit of dedication and time but I think the value is there for other similar projects everywhere once people see what can be gained from an aerial view

4. kitefiter

We are doing pre and post construction photos for documenting and processing volumetrics to compute volume of materials used on roadways and land development projects. This gives the contractor an quick and accurate record of the actual surface at the start of construction to compare with the plans used in the bid documents. It has saved a lot of time, money, and materials to know about problems early in the process. We have another customer that gets paid monthly for progress on a river levee project. Our product simplifies his invoicing process and provides him with documents to prove his progress.