more serious - building implosion final cut

Hi Timmy, we were completely covered with dust when it was all done. Burned the eyes etc. Given the wind direction I knew it was coming my way and the biggest concern was getting the drone back. It was tricky finding our position even with the PFV as I couldn't see our position. I managed luckily :)
I should have had a mask for the dust but its not like I breath this all the time. It was worth it...
Thx.

Nicely done! What was your hovering altitude when the implosion occurred?

Hi Sky, thanks for the nice comment.
I was about 40 meters above ground (building is 33m approx.) and about 20 meters from the building. Looking back I wished I had gotten closer. I didn't have my co-pilot with me so I didn't catch the readings from the IOSD. I have two screens (one for the co-pilot) because I crashed and blew the transmitter and needed another one so I just got the package with another screen. Don't break the antenna off the transmitter.....instant toast, which is what happened to me.
I had 5 min. from the first horn to get into position so it was rather stressful to make sure everything went smooth and didn't mess up the chance. Not often we see this in Ottawa.
I will be posting a crash comp. video soon. Nothing major. The worse was filming fireworks and the drone dived (that voted thing) and almost went into my bonfire. I was very lucky as I missed the pit by about 1.5 feet.
Cheers.

Did you require special permission to do it or did they just allow to you do it because they figured no harm could be done?

Skyjunkie said:
Did you require special permission to do it or did they just allow to you do it because they figured no harm could be done?
I am also interested in the answer to this. I would think they would be worried about 2 way radio interference nearby the explosives.

Hi Guys, it was my department that looked after the demo so I did have permission although I was surprised that no other drones were close by because I'm not really sure how they could have been stopped.
The blast team had no issues with the frequencies. I believe all of their stuff is hard wired. I wanted to be with the blast team (control point) because I didn't have to worry about battery power.
It was a long wait as it was first slotted for demo around the end of March and my first test flight was then when there was still snow on the ground.
Cheers.

LuvMyTJ said:
Skyjunkie said:
I am also interested in the answer to this. I would think they would be worried about 2 way radio interference nearby the explosives.

Not nearly enough RF energy to couple into the initiation system, no matter how carelessly it was wired.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl