More hacking up of my Phantom.

Reaction score
In preparation for my 2700mAh battery(and because my Turigy 2200 lead is so long) I made cut out to get the leads around the battery door and still close it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 716
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 691
I considered doing your way for a long time. I've found this way the wires aren't bending at such and angle. Yours is very neatly done though. Mine was just with a hobby knife and drill. I don't have acces to a dremmel. If I did however it would have been much neater:)

Trust me, it's a lot rougher and uglier than those pics make it look :D

I wasn't thrilled at first about the solution I ended up with, but I'd have to extend either the Phantom's lead or the one on the batt to do it your way, and so far the cables haven't had any issue (I do inspect them closely before/after each flight).

Just my $0.02, I try never to dremel small straight-edge cuts to the shell, it's so soft you can often make production-quality cuts just with a razor. The battery door is a bit thicker than the shell but even that can be sliced very easily. The dremel is great for drilling small holes and sanding though.

Ah glad to hear your leads don't bend to much. The lead on my turnigy2200 is like two inches longer than the standard plantom one. Yeah the dremmel would be nice for finishing. I used the hobby knife(and supreme patience)

I made the mod on my battery box as well, however, I also removed some plastic on the edges of the opening on each side so the wires on the phantom and battery come out fairly straight and do not rub the body or the battery door any more than necessary. I don't like the look as well as the phantom seems much cleaner with all wires inside but it is much more functional.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Form over function or function over form?

I guess when we've got $1500 bucks flying around in the air, function over form wins!

I agree, the phantom looks way cleaner with nothing exposed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl