Missions, Waypoints and Trust

Reaction score
I am using the Litchi app for my P3P and so far it has worked flawlessly,
but I can't help feeling a little nervous when the drone gets out of my
line of sight. I always stay well within my transmitter range. Anyone have
aadvice?
JB

Hi Alien John

I know exactly how you feel as I felt the same when I did my first Litchi Mission, but I grabbed the Bull by the horns and just went for it. My first mission was a 14 minute flight that took it away from line of sight and it seemed ages before it returned to the planned end point, but it was well worth the nervous and tension. Absolutely love Litchi. Plan well and give it a try, you'll be hooked.

The Vic,
Yeah, I kinda figured I should "Man Up" :) I sent it out on a 12 minute flight plan today and with the sun in my eyes I lost it for about 6 minutes of the flight, but like the little trooper it is, it finished the mission and came home to Papa just fine. Now if I can learn to estimate the height of trees and such I won't have to film so high up. Also I changed the camera exposure to "Auto" and the film was way too dark. Guess I need more time on that aspect too. Thanks for the reply Bro.
JB

lol I love hearing stories of first waypoint flights, makes me nostalgic.

My missions tend to mostly go out of line of sight as i send the quad to places I can't normally fly to. Just to be on the safe side though I have a tracker fitted just in case.

I made this (long) clip totally using Litchi. It was done over 30 or so sections and stitched together to map the 32 mile of the first summit level canal in the British Isles. Most of the flights were done while the aircraft was out of sight and quite a lot was done with no telemetry either as it was so far away. But it always, always finished the mission. Just make sure there are no obstacles in the way and that there is enough juice to return and you'll be grand.

What kind of tracker do you use Buddy?

The TK102B 2G, loads of mounting baskets available on eBay for them as well, only ever buy an authentic one and not the cheap Chinese clones.

I made this (long) clip totally using Litchi. It was done over 30 or so sections and stitched together to map the 32 mile of the first summit level canal in the British Isles. Most of the flights were done while the aircraft was out of sight and quite a lot was done with no telemetry either as it was so far away. But it always, always finished the mission. Just make sure there are no obstacles in the way and that there is enough juice to return and you'll be grand.

That has to be one of the best, albeit longest, videos done using litchi waypoint that I have ever seen, top marks and full kudos for the time and effort you must have put into it. Would you mind if I added an edited version with an intro onto my YouTube channel to show people what can be achieved with full credit and a link to your original of course.

Reactions: Mudplugger
Do these (or do all of them) require being added to my cellular account plan?

They take a SIM card, I just use a pay as you go

That has to be one of the best, albeit longest, videos done using litchi waypoint that I have ever seen, top marks and full kudos for the time and effort you must have put into it. Would you mind if I added an edited version with an intro onto my YouTube channel to show people what can be achieved with full credit and a link to your original of course.

Work away.

aadvice?
JB

Xanax... cheaper than Valium.

Bravo! I really enjoy your creative videos. Well done.

Reactions: happydays
aadvice?
JB

Can I get Litchi app in the UK app store? I don't seem to be getting it in search results. Thanks

Can I get Litchi app in the UK app store? I don't seem to be getting it in search results. Thanks
Are you using Apple? I talked to a fella in China and it's available there so I would "guess" it should be available in the UK

Yes, I was able to download it now. Thanks
Great. I personally think it's far better than DJI Go.
For one thing you can plan a whole flight while you have your coffee then save it then go out and fly it.
I'm still learning all the features myself.
AJ

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl