Mission Planner (FPV Camera – iOS Waypoints App) Available Now

Maybe that says a lot Keith. May not be ready for prime time. My own opinion, limited as it is, is the the base app seems to not do much more than the DJI Go app, and should therefore be free to test. if you like it and want the add-ons, then go nuts
IMHO

I like how "airnest" have developed their app - I'm sure many more features will follow too.

The price is reasonable too!

The initial altitude choose when at the mission planning stage might be set high to make sure you avoid obstacles. Once in the field you notice the altitude was set too high. I would like to take control and adjust the altitude during the mission
That's the limitation (or beauty) of DJI waypoint implementation. Each waypoint consists of lat/long and height to form a 3D flight path. Once waypoint mission is uploaded/started, flight path can't be changed during mission.

If you want more accurate altitude, I suggest to fly a preview mission and adjust waypoint height on-the-fly, and save the revised mission. FYI, the altimeter is not very accurate. Check the Important Notes section of both altimeter and preview flight for details.

The three features are control altitude between wp, use lat/long to define a waypoint or target and a grid to divide the display into thirds

If i understand this correctly - and ive not used my fpv that much yet -
But the dji app allows you set waypoints at different heights at the waypoints - so would it mean more waypoints simply at different heights...

If i understand this correctly - and ive not used my fpv that much yet -
But the dji app allows you set waypoints at different heights at the waypoints - so would it mean more waypoints simply at different heights...
DJI app allows you to set waypoints on-the-fly only without accurate heading/bearing control. You also need to tilt the camera manually aiming to targets in real-time. If there are many waypoints and targets in a mission with different heights, it's extremely hard to do it manually getting smooth footage.

Earlier on, I asked about getting on screen guides to set waypoints more accurately. For example a circle so that a precise POI mission could be entered. You were concerned that you didn't want to make on-screen guides available for fear of clutter, even if they were able to be turned on and off by the user.

Have you considered any other options to set precise mission patterns, like POI circles, straight lines, and grids? All of these options would be valuable tools using FPV-MP.

Earlier on, I asked about getting on screen guides to set waypoints more accurately. For example a circle so that a precise POI mission could be entered. You were concerned that you didn't want to make on-screen guides available for fear of clutter, even if they were able to be turned on and off by the user.

Have you considered any other options to set precise mission patterns, like POI circles, straight lines, and grids? All of these options would be valuable tools using FPV-MP.
Thanks for your suggestion, and we listened. You might not be aware there is a "Show Distance" option in Waypoint tab of v2.0 beta. WP-3 illustrates those distances from the target-1 and previous/next waypoints. I know this is not a perfect way for laying waypoints around a target, but waypoint mission is not going to replace POI anyway. I think this is a fair compromise, while some users also requested to know the distance of previous/next waypoints.

• Show Distance - Show/hide distance between the followings.
  • Selected waypoint and the previous waypoint
  • Selected waypoint and the next waypoint
  • Selected waypoint and the focusing (Heading) target (Target-WP only)
IMG_0383_800.jpg

Thanks for your suggestion, and we listened. You might not be aware there is a "Show Distance" option in Waypoint tab of v2.0 beta. WP-3 illustrates those distances from the target-1 and previous/next waypoints. I know this is not a perfect way for laying waypoints around a target, but waypoint mission is not going to replace POI anyway. I think this is a fair compromise, while some users also requested to know the distance of previous/next waypoints.

• Show Distance - Show/hide distance between the followings.
  • Selected waypoint and the previous waypoint
  • Selected waypoint and the next waypoint
  • Selected waypoint and the focusing (Heading) target (Target-WP only)

I am not yet using v.2.0 That sounds very useful.

A new update of FPV Camera v2.0 is available in App Store now. What's new in Mission Planner:
• New: Introduce 2 new mission types - Panorama & Pano-WP
• New: Auto-tilt algorithm for smooth tilting upon changing targets in Target-WP mission
• New: Add Camera settings (Auto mode)
• New: RC C2 button to toggle between FPV & map view
• New: Prompt to confirm Stop mission and Pause/Resume mission
• New: Show distance between previous/next waypoints and aiming target for easy reference
• New: Context sensitive help "?" on each tab
• Fixed: Screen recorder reliability on some devices
• Fixed: Auto Recording couldn't start occasionally
• Fixed: When toggle FPV/map view, map might shift occasionally
• Fixed: Each "Stay" action would stay 3 seconds
IMG_0164_800.jpg

Reactions: Garret Pearl
im having issues with 2.0 out of the gate
The problems are with pano settings
both panorama and wp pano
in panorama i can not set a point to shoot the pano, or even a home point
in wp pano, i must set the pano point first, then way points after and waypoints are always before the pano not after, so i need to work backwards not forwards
P3A latest firmware, Ipad air 2 and IOS 9.2
any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Thx
Len

im having issues with 2.0 out of the gate
The problems are with pano settings
both panorama and wp pano
in panorama i can not set a point to shoot the pano, or even a home point
in wp pano, i must set the pano point first, then way points after and waypoints are always before the pano not after, so i need to work backwards not forwards
P3A latest firmware, Ipad air 2 and IOS 9.2
any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Thx
Len
Waypoint is an OPTIONAL step in Pano-WP mission. It allows you inserting waypoints BEFORE selected Panorama, in case you cannot fly straight to the required panorama location.

I suggest you to read the on-line help "?" in each tab/step to learn the more.

I am about to practice using Mission Planner fpv camera with panorama mode and would like to verify correct procedure for start up. After reading the help files this is my first reading on the procedure.
1. Start up RC
2.Power up tablet after cacheing maps on internet
3.Power up Phantom.
4.Wait for safe to fly. sat locks and record home point.
5. Complete compass calibration.
6. Close down DJI Go app.
7. Start up Mission Planner, switch to camera section of app.
8. If signal lost indicator comes on close down Phantom and restart.
9. Start up Mision Planner again and wait for good signal and safe to fly message, check homepoint locked.
10. Perform start up control and push throttle up and hover to check all ok.
11. Fly manually to selected panrorama spot, adjust position of Phantom, camera tilt angle and do a practice rotate to ensure correct angles ,headings.
12. Switch to Panorama mode and do set up re camera tilt, number of photos.
13. Press fly and wait for auto panorama to complete.
14. return to home and land.
Please feel free to comment and suggest shortcuts/improvements. I prefer to have this type of procedure list so that I do not make stupid pre flight errors, especially reading how easy it is to cause crashes when reading the forums.

Is this an iOS app, and where/when is it available.. I presume this is the app that is in question here?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1450474461.523731.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna