Mission Planner (FPV Camera – iOS Waypoints App) Available Now

Has anyone had an issue with a previously saved mission after firmware upgrade?

I had a mission programmed to fly up and down my street with about 20 waypoints and 5 focus points. It flew perfectly before the firmware update.

After updating all firmware (also doing IMU, gimbal and compass calibration) on bird and RC, also Go Update, I open FPV and load up that mission and it gets to waypoint 8 and just stops. I can then just push forward on the right stick and it will move in the direction it is facing and I can fly it under my control. I have not touched any switches or anything at this point, all in F mode.

I tried running it multiple times, same result each try?

Has anyone had an issue with a previously saved mission after firmware upgrade?

I had a mission programmed to fly up and down my street with about 20 waypoints and 5 focus points. It flew perfectly before the firmware update.

After updating all firmware (also doing IMU, gimbal and compass calibration) on bird and RC, also Go Update, I open FPV and load up that mission and it gets to waypoint 8 and just stops. I can then just push forward on the right stick and it will move in the direction it is facing and I can fly it under my control. I have not touched any switches or anything at this point, all in F mode.

I tried running it multiple times, same result each try?
Mind to share your mission setup, especially WP-8? It seems the mission aborted at WP-8 somehow.

Question. I created a mission on one iPad emailed it and tried to open on a different and could not figure how to load it from the email to the app. Can you explain how?
You may copy/transfer the mission file to the app Documents/waypoints folder by iTunes or other third-party software. Check the Mission tab for details.

We have been planning a new version 2.0 update. We have a few ideas below to add new features or enhancements in Mission Planner. What do you guys think or how do you prioritize them? Any other new ideas?

- iPhone support
- Point-Of-Interest (Map based)
- Drawing waypoints
- Panorama (Map based)
- 3D Model
- 3D Mapping
- Multi-lingual support

We have also fixed most (if not all) of the known issues in the past 2 weeks, and obviously the fixes will be included in the new update.

The POI feature in Go is pretty good. But, you do have to first fly over the target to establish point. For experienced fliers, it would be nice to establish the Point while on the ground, and also, be able to save POI missions which is not available in Go.

Also, I think that Mission Planner is on the edge of being the most popular ios waypoint App. I would suggest continuing to refine/improve it to solidify it's position.

- Butter smooth curves,
- Gentle pans from target to target,
- Keeping the camera pointed at the target without need for abrupt (noticeable in video) adjustments in flight.
- Ability to increase text size. I use an Air 2, and the input and telemetry text is ok, but some of the pop-up and dialogs text, litke when you start a mission, the checklist, is tiny to my old eyes and there is plenty of screen real estate that could be used. For example, I use a full scale pilot App called FlyQ on ios, and it has a great simple feature. The old aA button that will allow you to increase text size of many things right in the App..

I have not been able to fly lately (P3 in for service) so I have not flown the latest version to see what has been improved. My comments are meant only as positive.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks. Sent it in a PM.
I have briefly gone through your mission file, and I'm unaware of any tricky thing. Maybe WP-7 is a bit too close to WP-8, and the minimum distance between WPs used to be 2 meters in FW 1.4.10, but unsure whether the new FW restricting more.

We will test your mission in simulator with FW 1.5.30 next week, and let you know how it goes.

Getting a screenshot is a little inconvenient. But, I did write it down. "ERROR Aircraft's altitude is too high (code 0XC0)". I was able to determine that if 1 waypoint was set at 397 feet then error happens. Set it to 390 feet and it's OK. I suspect this is related to DJI's altitude limit of 400 feet. (maybe a roundoff errof converting meters to feet?) I.e. the whole flight has to be below 397 feet. I was confused by the error because I interpreted it as meaning the altitude when I was trying to start was too high not that it was going to be too high.

I know these error messages come directly from the DJI firmware and not from the app.
The message is directly from DJI SDK. This is probably due to the takeoff point is too close to the first WP with a high altitude. Either set it farther or lower altitude should fix it.

I have briefly gone through your mission file, and I'm unaware of any tricky thing. Maybe WP-7 is a bit too close to WP-8, and the minimum distance between WPs used to be 2 meters in FW 1.4.10, but unsure whether the new FW restricting more.

We will test your mission in simulator with FW 1.5.30 next week, and let you know how it goes.

Sounds good. I have not had a chance to plan out a new mission and test it. I am curious as to what was affected by the firmware change. I look forward to seeing testing results.

Can I initiate auto video recording to start at homepoint on start up, or do I have to do this manually? Also why can't I initiate video recording or any action when I have curved corner L at waypoints? Do I have to have straight configured to do this and what effect will this have on the flight path? Hope to do initial mission fly tomorrow if weather permits.
Like the nice clean operating windows but maybe a bit more on what possibilities at each step.
Have done some manual aerial mapping by flying a grid and panoramas by manual rotation, auto function would be great,
Good work.

Attachments

• BlackwellFarm12new2finalweb.jpg
    BlackwellFarm12new2finalweb.jpg
    829.2 KB · Views: 346
What audio you want to record? You can't mount any microphone closer to camera as it will record props spinning noise all the time.

What audio you want to record? You can't mount any microphone closer to camera as it will record props spinning noise all the time.[/QUOTE
Err! Not quite sure how this happened, I was asking about automatic video recording from Mission planner from home point.
But in terms of audio recording I think some drone apps allow you to utilize the microphone in your Apple tablet to record audio where you are standing while flying the Phantom 3?

The POI feature in Go is pretty good. But, you do have to first fly over the target to establish point. For experienced fliers, it would be nice to establish the Point while on the ground, and also, be able to save POI missions which is not available in Go.

Also, I think that Mission Planner is on the edge of being the most popular ios waypoint App. I would suggest continuing to refine/improve it to solidify it's position.
Thanks for the feedback.
- Butter smooth curves,
You may select S/M/L corner size as required for smooth corners/curves.
- Gentle pans from target to target,
This is limited by DJI firmware/SDK. If you set Heading = WP for auto-focus a target, you can't yaw/pan the aircraft.
- Keeping the camera pointed at the target without need for abrupt (noticeable in video) adjustments in flight.
We have developed a new Auto-Tilt algorithm to smooth out gimbal jerky movement upon changing targets. You may check post #220 a few pages back.
- Ability to increase text size. I use an Air 2, and the input and telemetry text is ok, but some of the pop-up and dialogs text, litke when you start a mission, the checklist, is tiny to my old eyes and there is plenty of screen real estate that could be used. For example, I use a full scale pilot App called FlyQ on ios, and it has a great simple feature. The old aA button that will allow you to increase text size of many things right in the App..
We will improve the UI and enlarge some fonts in pop-up message box.

Can I initiate auto video recording to start at homepoint on start up, or do I have to do this manually? Also why can't I initiate video recording or any action when I have curved corner L at waypoints? Do I have to have straight configured to do this and what effect will this have on the flight path? Hope to do initial mission fly tomorrow if weather permits.
Like the nice clean operating windows but maybe a bit more on what possibilities at each step.
Have done some manual aerial mapping by flying a grid and panoramas by manual rotation, auto function would be great,
Good work.
You may enable "Auto Recording" in Settings menu (at lower-right corner) to start/stop video recording upon start/stop motors. We are likely to add panorama in the next update.

I noticed this is on sale today for half price. Does this include everything to do waypoint flying?

Does this include everything for waypoint flying or do I need to purchase an add on for that?

You purchase the FPV Camera App on iTunes at regular price, $8.99. This is the base app and then Mission Planner is an In-App purchase. The Mission Planner In-App purchase is what is half price.

So, to get Mission Planner will run you a total of about 18$. A savings of about 9$.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl