Mission Planner (FPV Camera – iOS Waypoints App) Available Now

We have been planning a new version 2.0 update. We have a few ideas below to add new features or enhancements in Mission Planner. What do you guys think or how do you prioritize them? Any other new ideas?

- iPhone support
- Point-Of-Interest (Map based)
- Drawing waypoints
- Panorama (Map based)
- 3D Model
- 3D Mapping
- Multi-lingual support

We have also fixed most (if not all) of the known issues in the past 2 weeks, and obviously the fixes will be included in the new update.

We have been planning a new version 2.0 update. We have a few ideas below to add new features or enhancements in Mission Planner. What do you guys think or how do you prioritize them? Any other new ideas?

- iPhone support
- Point-Of-Interest (Map based)
- Drawing waypoints
- Panorama (Map based)
- 3D Model
- 3D Mapping
- Multi-lingual support

We have also fixed most (if not all) of the known issues in the past 2 weeks, and obviously the fixes will be included in the new update.
3D mapping

I did a mission yesterday. It wouldn't fly it. Gave an error message that the aircraft was too high. I tried starting it at various heights but nothing worked. The first waypoint was 400 feet and close to the home point. I then changed the mission where that first waypoint was replaced with two waypoints, the first being 200 feet, the second 400 feet. It worked after that. I'm assuming that my change fixed it, and not some other reason.

I just purchased everything and will test out mission planner later today. I have a question about the 32 channels. If I leave it on auto will it select the cleanest channel up to channel 32 or do I have to manually select anything above channel20?

Of course everyone that has an iPad will prioritize another feature other than working on an iPhone. Having an iPhone app opens the subscriber base potential to perhaps double what it is today with iPad only. We want you to make lots of money :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just purchased everything and will test out mission planner later today. I have a question about the 32 channels. If I leave it on auto will it select the cleanest channel up to channel 32 or do I have to manually select anything above channel20?
Auto (by default) option selects channel 13 to 20 automatically within 2.4 GHz ISM band. If you want to select other channels 1..13 or 21..32 manually, they are out of 2.4G ISM band. Please check with your local authority regarding permitted radio frequency.

Manually select.

I did a mission yesterday. It wouldn't fly it. Gave an error message that the aircraft was too high. I tried starting it at various heights but nothing worked. The first waypoint was 400 feet and close to the home point. I then changed the mission where that first waypoint was replaced with two waypoints, the first being 200 feet, the second 400 feet. It worked after that. I'm assuming that my change fixed it, and not some other reason.
Avoid setting waypoints direct overhead or too high at the first WP. If it happens again, can you help to capture a screenshot and send it to us?

Of course everyone that has an iPad will prioritize another feature other than working on an iPhone. Having an iPhone app opens the subscriber base potential to perhaps double what it is today with iPad only. We want you to make lots of money :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the feedback.

PVFlyer,

After upgrading firmware on the aircraft, batteries and controller I was able to fly saved missions in mission planner. 1st, thank you for being so responsive to myself and others. A lot of people use the words "customer service", but you seem to be a living example. Keep up the good work.

2nd, at the conclusion of the missions, when the mission planner invokes "return to home" and "auto land" functions, I attempted to "pause" or "stop" mission at that point (I wanted the aircraft to stay in the air). Each time I received an error dialog box and a request to start the DJI GO app. Is this normal? What are your recommendations on handling this, if any?

3rd, - my response for additional features would be: 1. 3D mapping, 2. 3D model and 3. Panorama (Map based).

Thanx again,

NoFlaWatcher

PVFlyer,
2nd, at the conclusion of the missions, when the mission planner invokes "return to home" and "auto land" functions, I attempted to "pause" or "stop" mission at that point (I wanted the aircraft to stay in the air). Each time I received an error dialog box and a request to start the DJI GO app. Is this normal? What are your recommendations on handling this, if any?
NoFlaWatcher
I had trouble with this too. In my case I needed to switch out of F mode to regain control.

Question. I created a mission on one iPad emailed it and tried to open on a different and could not figure how to load it from the email to the app. Can you explain how?

Avoid setting waypoints direct overhead or too high at the first WP. If it happens again, can you help to capture a screenshot and send it to us?
Getting a screenshot is a little inconvenient. But, I did write it down. "ERROR Aircraft's altitude is too high (code 0XC0)". I was able to determine that if 1 waypoint was set at 397 feet then error happens. Set it to 390 feet and it's OK. I suspect this is related to DJI's altitude limit of 400 feet. (maybe a roundoff errof converting meters to feet?) I.e. the whole flight has to be below 397 feet. I was confused by the error because I interpreted it as meaning the altitude when I was trying to start was too high not that it was going to be too high.

I know these error messages come directly from the DJI firmware and not from the app.

Reactions: Jgreg
PVFlyer,

After upgrading firmware on the aircraft, batteries and controller I was able to fly saved missions in mission planner. 1st, thank you for being so responsive to myself and others. A lot of people use the words "customer service", but you seem to be a living example. Keep up the good work.

3rd, - my response for additional features would be: 1. 3D mapping, 2. 3D model and 3. Panorama (Map based).

Thanx again,

NoFlaWatcher
Thanks for your good words and suggestion of additional features.

When you reached the last waypoint, the mission is treated as completion during RTH. You can't stop/pause a completed mission. The easiest way to cancel RTH is flipping back from F-mode to P-mode on RC. Check the Setup and Fly for details.

Thanks for your good words and suggestion of additional features.

When you reached the last waypoint, the mission is treated as completion during RTH. You can't stop/pause a completed mission. The easiest way to cancel RTH is flipping back from F-mode to P-mode on RC. Check the Setup and Fly for details.

Thank you, I will follow your guidance the next time I fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z