Mission Planner (FPV Camera – iOS Waypoints App) Available Now

I think mission planner I'd a great app I just don't like being trapped for everything in bits and pieces. The app marketers are being cheezy. One price includes all. It's annoying. And I know I spent 2300 bucks for the quad, what's a few more bucks. I have already spent over $35 on apps in the past month I probably will never use.
It's hard to keep all people happy when it's down to pricing.

Some people prefer AIO subscription instead of paying in full upfront, because they don't know whether the app or add-ons are useful or not. Some prefer to use certain features but not all, such as Camera, Mission Planner or FPV Goggles alone. If we group everything together with a higher bundle price, I'm almost 100% sure some people think being trapped as well if they are only interested in certain features. Thus, we opt for a more flexible pricing to let users choose what they want/need.

I think you understand the feeling as what you said "I have already spent over $35 on apps in the past month I probably will never use." though I'm unsure what did you buy last month.

There are 2 levels of flight log:

(2) Drone level: There is a micro-SD card near battery compartment in P3 for recording log. DJI Go probably sends a command to trigger logging together with app level log. However, SDK doesn't expose API triggering drone level log AFAIK.
The P3 internal flight log, a FLYXXX.DAT file, still gets recorded. It's starts recording when the battery is turned on and quits when the battery is turned off. It's independent of the app. This is the file that DJI will want for the warranty. I don't know if DJI will refuse if you're not using the DJI GO app. But, I've not heard of warranty being refused on these grounds.

Reactions: rhoffart
@PVFlyer
Do you happen to know if the RC transmission signal strength reported in the APP (Go or otherwise) is actual RF signal strength, or is it some sort of extrapolation from wifi packet information? The reason I ask is it has been reported that if it were indicating actual RSSI, it would tend to taper off as distance or obstruction increases. But, if packet based, the signal indication would tend to stay fairly high and abruptly go down without much tapering. The latter is what tends to happen with P3s and i1s.

Since you understand the telemetry that can be hooked via sdk, you might know.

Thanks, and sorry if a little OT. But, just as the detailed battery information that you provide is important, true signal strength is the next most important telemetry.

@PVFlyer
Do you happen to know if the RC transmission signal strength reported in the APP (Go or otherwise) is actual RF signal strength, or is it some sort of extrapolation from wifi packet information? The reason I ask is it has been reported that if it were indicating actual RSSI, it would tend to taper off as distance or obstruction increases. But, if packet based, the signal indication would tend to stay fairly high and abruptly go down without much tapering. The latter is what tends to happen with P3s and i1s.

Since you understand the telemetry that can be hooked via sdk, you might know.

Thanks, and sorry if a little OT. But, just as the detailed battery information that you provide is important, true signal strength is the next most important telemetry.
Signal strength reported in the app is directly from SDK. I "guess" it's some sort of RSSI in dBm (logarithmic scale). Check out this OP video for reference DIY Antenna Booster for Phantom 3 | DJI Phantom Forum

The P3 internal flight log, a FLYXXX.DAT file, still gets recorded. It's starts recording when the battery is turned on and quits when the battery is turned off. It's independent of the app. This is the file that DJI will want for the warranty. I don't know if DJI will refuse if you're not using the DJI GO app. But, I've not heard of warranty being refused on these grounds.
This is the answer I was looking for ... thanks

Signal strength reported in the app is directly from SDK. I "guess" it's some sort of RSSI in dBm (logarithmic scale). Check out this OP video for reference DIY Antenna Booster for Phantom 3 | DJI Phantom Forum
It will finish the mission, just tested that today in an area where I knew I would lose rc/video and it worked perfectly. It's a brilliant bit of software, as long as you're well planned.
That's good to know. I thought it would trigger RTH.

Thanks a lot for the update. We just tested on FW 1.4.10 and FPV Camera v1.3, and verified the FLYXXX.DAT logs are recorded on P3.

As I recalled back in July/August when we tested v1.0 beta (couldn't remember DJI FW version, maybe 1.1.9), DAT logs couldn't be recorded unless using DJI Pilot app.

I used Mission Planer today for the first time. I planned the mission from my couch which is really fun in itself. I told it at each waypoint to stay, stop video, take picture and start video. It never started the video again after the first waypoint. My video feed also froze after the first waypoint but the waypoint view stayed active so I let it finish the mission. Would the frozen video in the app cause the issue? Also if my action is take picture do I need to use the start and stop video actions for it to continue video recording after a picture action? Besides the video of the mission not recording the pictures were aimed how I wanted and looked great. The mission path and picture angles were just as I had hoped. Thanks.

I used Mission Planer today for the first time. I planned the mission from my couch which is really fun in itself. I told it at each waypoint to stay, stop video, take picture and start video. It never started the video again after the first waypoint. My video feed also froze after the first waypoint but the waypoint view stayed active so I let it finish the mission. Would the frozen video in the app cause the issue? Also if my action is take picture do I need to use the start and stop video actions for it to continue video recording after a picture action? Besides the video of the mission not recording the pictures were aimed how I wanted and looked great. The mission path and picture angles were just as I had hoped. Thanks.
Thanks for the update. We will investigate the start/stop video issue. If video frozen during mission, you may try to toggle FPV/map view or enable/disable Video Hardware Decoder, and see if it helps.

Thanks for the update. We will investigate the start/stop video issue. If video frozen during mission, you may try to toggle FPV/map view or enable/disable Video Hardware Decoder, and see if it helps.

Hi. Thanks for the response. I guess my real question is, if my action is take a photo do i need to stop video and start video. Meaning like in the DJI GO app if i take a picture it stops my video recording. Do I need to do the same actions in Mission Planner? Like a said before great app I just need to understand it more and maybe the bugs needs squashing. Thanks.

Hi. Thanks for the response. I guess my real question is, if my action is take a photo do i need to stop video and start video. Meaning like in the DJI GO app if i take a picture it stops my video recording. Do I need to do the same actions in Mission Planner? Like a said before great app I just need to understand it more and maybe the bugs needs squashing. Thanks.
You need to stop video, take a photo then start video. However, we are aware the wait duration of each waypoint might not be long enough to finish all actions. We will adjust the duration and the fix will be available in the next update.

As reported by several users and beta testers, there is some minor jerky in video when changing targets from one to another with different target/WP heights. We have developed a new Auto-Tilt algorithm to smooth out gimbal jerky movement upon changing targets.

12304060_137862683243305_7108369665711721427_o.jpg

Share with you a preview of our testing mission. It keeps changing targets and altitudes at WP 2,3,4,5,8,9,10,11 for testing the new algorithm. It was fairly windy during the test. There is still little tiny jerky on certain WPs when I watch the video on my 27" monitor, but it's acceptable IMO.

Reactions: ChuckRogers
I used Mission Planner again today. Worked really good when I was on a target mission. When I did an action mission the video feed froze again when the first action said stay, stop video, take photo and start video. The mission continued and took the pictures but there was no video feed recorded or sent back to the remote live. Once again I let the mission complete and the photos I expected were there but no recorded video between waypoints. I also did a mission that I can't remember the settings, but the drone just flew in circles between each waypoint. Like a top spinning as it went to each waypoint. I think it was a waypoint mission with no targets and not set to forward just next waypoint. All in all still a great app when you have targets set. Thanks.

Does this work for iPhone? There was a post previously that indicated these apps would only work in iPad which is why I ask. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures