Mavic or phantom 3 pro?

Reaction score
i have a P3 pro and so far very happy with it. Is the video quality any better on the Mavic? I have read that it doesn't have the wide lens as on the P3 pro and that for closer shots you need to change the focal point of the camera. Is that a hindrance? Would u better off going to a P4 or P4 pro?

I have to say, I was shocked how soon after the Mavic was launched that the P3 Pro was discontinued. I would still rather have the P3 though. The Mavic just looks a bit "boy toy" for my liking.

For me ,I will stay with the P3/4/5?
I do not need the Mavic features, even though I enjoy the mountains and walking, I am quite happy to walk in with a back pack. The Mavic seems excellent for many, but not for me, the Phantom seems to be much more solid and stable, however, what do I know, I do not have a Mavic.

I have a P3P and got me a Mavic. Very different animals, but mostly in regard to size. I love both, and use both professionally. It's hard to pick one over the other for "overall flying pleasure", what I mean you'll be well served by either IMO. Or better yet, both lol.

No doubt the Mavic is more advanced and a bit more stable, not that it matters much in the end but the portability does, as it means another "drone experience" altogether: it's more stealth in many ways (that's important trust me...), a lot faster to put in the air and land, considerably easier to carry around due to low weight and small size. And it's a blast. But it's a bit more sensitive, both are sturdy but the P3 is a Panzer. Not to mention the easy and accessible P3 knowledge base and replacement/spares/upgrades bin out there.

And the image (photo/film) quality isn't too different between the two. In photography a better tool doesn't mean better output, sometimes ppl are way too obsessed about the machine and the camera. There's a lot of awful and awesome videos from P3s, P4Ps Mavics and Inspires alike out there. Realistically, any of these drones and cameras are hardly the limiting factors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan