Map display without wifi

Reaction score
New to forum and the world of automated flying models. I recently purchased the Phantom 4 mainly because
of the Lightbridge radio range. I am a licensed private pilot but have not flown in many years and at 68 would no longer trust myself in the air. So the Phantom is hopefully my chance to enjoy the freedom that only flight
offers. To that point, FPV is my main interest in this hobby with taking videos or pictures a far second. I currently am using an 8 inch Acer tablet for viewing with the intent to eventually move to goggles. The issue there will be that I wear bifocals.

So I have to questions for the forum, first is there any way to store map information including sat view locally
so I have gps driven map display without being tied to the internet.

My second question is what would be a good choice for a first, low cost, hdmi goggle to see if I like and can use
them.

You can cache maps, which will allow you to use the map info while not being connected to the internet. Do a search for further info.

You can cache maps, which will allow you to use the map info while not being connected to the internet. Do a search for further info.

Thanks Stone: Tried that but when I power off the Acer tablet the map is lost. I seen on one link something
about turning on Map Caching in DJI Go but never found such an option. I did cache three maps into the
table memory using google maps app but I guess DJI did not think to use that option. Could the problem be
my tablet, I purchased the Acer on the DJI list.

You can cache map at a place where you have internet available. You can do it sitting at home. Plan the site where you want to fly the aircraft. Start DJI Go app on, keep setting cache maps to on and move the maps to the area you want to cache. Also care for the resolution of the maps.

beaddf44b639ee1c8356eb8c0443b7db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94