Mainboard piece detached after crashing the drone

Reaction score
3EF328B3-E1F8-41D8-8BC5-59A40149567E.jpeg
AC556C8D-21A1-4E97-B57B-16FF1678CA16.jpeg
Hello everyone,

After having crashed my P3S, with all the consequences in the gimbal base and antennas part 097, I finaly managed to open it to see that I have a small piece detached from the mainboard.
I wonder if this is only a question of having it glued back in its place (what is the best way to do it?) or if it has to be soldered which it doesn’t seems to be the case.

Thanks for your help.
Attached one photo with the piece in its place put by hand, and another one showing it detached.
Francisco

I would doubt that part is simply glued in place. The glue was there to steady and secure it. The two pads below are solder points. A much closer image of the pads would help.

I would doubt that part is simply glued in place. The glue was there to steady and secure it. The two pads below are solder points. A much closer image of the pads would help.
Click on the image above and it gets a lot bigger (at least, for me) Using Cntrl and + button will enlarge it even further...

I agree, it needs to be resoldered and then a bit of hot glue to reinforce the mounting, as it was originally.

Same problem here:- electrolytic capacitor nu 220 vtz

0C1140DD-B594-4E80-8FC8-50A4FAB7CB6B.jpeg
BC6F06EE-688E-46F1-BE92-7C1460B05C72.jpeg
Thanks for the comments.
Yes, it seems that it was soldered an glued. Any particular advice?

You could try a tiny bit of conductive epoxy on the contact points. I used it to reattach the rear window defroster wire on my wife's car and it worked well.

You could try a tiny bit of conductive epoxy on the contact points. I used it to reattach the rear window defroster wire on my wife's car and it worked well.
That's an option - but personally I'd resolder and then add a couple of dabs of hot glue to add strength, as I wrote above. You should gently scrape off the old glue first... If you can't do it yourself, then perhaps a friend has soldering skills or maybe a local electronics repair shop.

Also, make sure that it is soldered back in the orientation that it was before. You have photos, so that shouldn't be a problem.

That's an option - but personally I'd resolder and then add a couple of dabs of hot glue to add strength, as I wrote above. You should gently scrape off the old glue first... If you can't do it yourself, then perhaps a friend has soldering skills or maybe a local electronics repair shop.

Also, make sure that it is soldered back in the orientation that it was before. You have photos, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the tips. I don’t have a proper photo to follow the correct placement of the capacitor since the one I posted was mounted just to give an idea of what happened....
Do you know were I can get one?

You should be able to tell which way it goes by setting it in place to where the glue on each side lines up.

I found the photo. I’ll have a friend who knows about soldering to take a look into it. I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks for the tips. I don’t have a proper photo to follow the correct placement of the capacitor since the one I posted was mounted just to give an idea of what happened....
Do you know were I can get one?
What I was pointing out is that capacitors have both a - ive and +ive terminal and so the capacitor must be soldered back in the correct way, ie: not with the terminals reversed in polarity.

As you can easily see which way round it was from the broken glue in the photo, you must make sure that it is soldered back in that orientation to make the correct connections.

What I was pointing out is that capacitors have both a - ive and +ive terminal and so the capacitor must be soldered back in the correct way, ie: not with the terminals reversed in polarity.

As you can easily see which way round it was from the broken glue in the photo, you must make sure that it is soldered back in that orientation to make the correct connections.
Of course....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna