Lost P3A

Reaction score
2 months ago I lost my P3A which I have had for about 3 years. I had just completed a software up grade and I was testing. It was about 200 feet up and 700 feet out. All of a sudden it started to drop slowly. I hit the RTH but it continued at a steady pace until it fell somewhere. I call DJI and reported it. Sent in my flight records. I was notified Last week they would do nothing about it because it was to old.

I think they should do something besides saying"oh sorry its to old so go buy one of our other ones. I spent good money for that. It came out of my pocket. At least offer a discount on another product. Their CS needs some changes.

Mikie

Reactions: blackie1491
2 months ago I lost my P3A which I have had for about 3 years. I had just completed a software up grade and I was testing. It was about 200 feet up and 700 feet out. All of a sudden it started to drop slowly. I hit the RTH but it continued at a steady pace until it fell somewhere. I call DJI and reported it. Sent in my flight records. I was notified Last week they would do nothing about it because it was to old.

I think they should do something besides saying"oh sorry its to old so go buy one of our other ones. I spent good money for that. It came out of my pocket. At least offer a discount on another product. Their CS needs some changes.

Mikie

I’m sorry for the loss, but it was out of warranty.

Reactions: Pharm
I spent good money for that. It came out of my pocket. At least offer a discount on another product. Their CS needs some changes.

I didn't stand a chance with my DJI claim either. I fought with them, legal dept for over 2 months and 250 emails but I won! I got my $900 for my P3P and $330 for the repair of my P3A.
I found a GIANT SLAYER!
It's called VISA. What ever you buy? Buy with VISA and you will have a giant slayer. I got to keep the P3P besides the money.
Maybe they're still upset that you found a "giant slayer."

Last edited:
Reactions: RodPad and JoBe
Out of Warranty ****. It was out of my POCKET. The Chinese Companies are very cold an Heartless. At least here most Companies have good Customer Service

Out of Warranty ****. It was out of my POCKET. The Chinese Companies are very cold an Heartless. At least here most Companies have good Customer Service

Yeah...Comcast and AT&T come to mind.

There are plenty of heartless American companies also, so I don’t think it can be attributed to their race, culture, or nationality.

Last edited:
It was 3 years old and the warranty is for one year.
And you are complaining because they won't come to the party?
You need to adjust your expectations to something more realistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a pretty racist comment. It's fine if you don't agree with their policies, but it's not okay for you to attribute it to the fact that they are Chinese.

Reactions: Neon Euc
It would have been nice for them to offer you a discount, but that device is old. I don't understand why you think they should offer you anything.

Reactions: Pharm
wait, what? you got $900 from DJI for your P3P and also kept the P3P? now your upset that they wont give you a discount for a drone two years out of warranty? tell me that i am not understanding cause bruh that does not look good for you.

Out of Warranty Hell. It was out of my POCKET. The Chinese Companies are very cold an Heartless. At least here most Companies have good Customer Service
At what point are you going to take ownership of your purchase????

At what point are you going to take ownership of your purchase????
As soon as they stop pushing out updates that are patch on patches and do more testing before the release. My flyaway happened on a cle ar day. No wind and after a software up date.
I was about 75 meters out and 90 meters up I had this bird for about 3yrs.. I also have a P3P, 2 Mavic Pros, 1 is my sons and a spark. If DJI
wait, what? you got $900 from DJI for your P3P and also kept the P3P? now your upset that they wont give you a discount for a drone two years out of warranty? tell me that i am not understanding cause bruh that does not look good for you.
And where did you get your information. I would think if you work for them your odds of staying there might be slim. And your facts are very misleading.

As soon as they stop pushing out updates that are patch on patches and do more testing before the release. My flyaway happened on a cle ar day. No wind and after a software up date.
I was about 75 meters out and 90 meters up I had this bird for about 3yrs.. I also have a P3P, 2 Mavic Pros, 1 is my sons and a spark. If DJI

And where did you get your information. I would think if you work for them your odds of staying there might be slim. And your facts are very misleading.

It sounds like you have plenty of other drones to keep you busy.

It was your decision to update your bird, nothing mandatory.
Sometimes we have to live with the decisions we make. Plenty of info on this site about update issues. That is why I am on an old firmware to this day.

And where did you get your information.
a search led to this as the source

Class Action P2 Software

bearmikie also kept the p3p - Copy.JPG

It was your decision to update your bird, nothing mandatory.
Sometimes we have to live with the decisions we make. Plenty of info on this site about update issues. That is why I am on an old firmware to this day.
i also resist all messages to update and so far so good

One time while flying my Phantom 3 pro. Suddenly I got a message about the battery voltage too low. Now landing. WHAA I say. I got panicky there! Lucky though I was not that far away. I was in a park. But still. Panic of my life. What if I would have ended up over traffic!
So anyway I did land safely. In the next few days. I got a message for aircraft and the battery needs updating! I did that. And it has not been an issue since

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart