Lost P3 - Freeze and thaw cycles

Reaction score
The bird is gone, I'll cut right to the chase. I live in the burbs of Philly and wondering if a P3 advanced is able to survive rain, freeze, and thaw cycles outside. Could be awhile until I find it. Thoughts?

Back story for those who want to hear: installed latest firmware yesterday. Planned a waypoint mission using FPV camera app. The bird was tracking fine to the first waypoint but lost signal with the remote about 2000 feet out. I didn't fret, as I had it set to continue the mission even if signal was lost. Fast forward 15-20 minutes and the bird never came back. I traced the majority of the planned flight path on foot yesterday and today. No avail. I live in a relatively densely populated area, would be shocked if someone didn't find it. I spoke to the police, golf course, and college in the area. No leads so far.

Were you using a third party app like Litchi? If not, how did you program it to continue without contact with the RC? I am new to the P3P but mine won't go more than 500 meters radius away in F mode waypoint setting. I did trigger a RTH at 4300 ft distance flying too low over the top of a hill once.

Also was the bird set up to RTH or land in a loss of signal situation?

These things are iffy if'n you get them wet. Some folks dry them off and fly them off, others chase a lot of gremlins for a while. Good luck to you.

i flew mine through some storm clouds. it came down soaking wet. onyl thing was the fan on the gimbal sucked im some water. made the gimbal act funny until it driend out. its the minerals in the water that cause shorts etc

Reactions: dporter177
Were you using a third party app like Litchi? If not, how did you program it to continue without contact with the RC? I am new to the P3P but mine won't go more than 500 meters radius away in F mode waypoint setting. I did trigger a RTH at 4300 ft distance flying too low over the top of a hill once.

Also was the bird set up to RTH or land in a loss of signal situation?

These things are iffy if'n you get them wet. Some folks dry them off and fly them off, others chase a lot of gremlins for a while. Good luck to you.

Thanks. I was using the "FPV Camera" app and had it set to RTH upon completing the way point mission. It either got hung up somewhere, ran out of battery power, or just flew away.

the rth speed is set so low, i think they want you to loose it. i have had NO luck with rth except it will point it in the right direction and you can manually control it from there. in your case with no signal, is a perfect example of why the rth speed needs hacked. in the firmware its set to 7 mps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94