FOUND!!! Thanks for all your help. Lost drone using litchi [emoji30]

Reaction score
I lost my drone yesterday afternoon whilst using litch app. I experience a lot of drift as well whilst using it. Originally planned for a mission which failed to upload so then flew fpv but it continued to drift and after the second time of disconnecting did not return home.

I've taken a snapshot of where it appears to have landed in some grass and uploaded my flight logs into healthy drones.

Have knocked on a few doors. Any suggestions of why it would have landed after drifting on 83% battery? Picture of where it landed and snapshot of flight log attached.
3456fc36ab009164e092c04c8782e5a9.jpg
b5c0696f2bde95fcfb5181492f470ec8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If anyone can help with these flight logs I'd be so grateful. Don't understand why it landed at 83% battery, why it kept drifting and why it didn't come home.

I do often do it more often than not but after reading previous posts advising not to I decided not to do it on this occasion

It was very windy. Battery amperage was very high.Judging by the last know position, I imagine that house should be visited.

Looking at the KML file in 3-D it does not show termination to the ground. Odd...

Litchi has a feature called" Find my drone" what does it show? (It's in settings/general tab, scroll down)

Reactions: Meta4
I lost my drone yesterday afternoon whilst using litch app. I experience a lot of drift as well whilst using it. Originally planned for a mission which failed to upload so then flew fpv but it continued to drift and after the second time of disconnecting did not return home.

I've taken a snapshot of where it appears to have landed in some grass and uploaded my flight logs into healthy drones.
Have knocked on a few doors. Any suggestions of why it would have landed after drifting on 83% battery? Picture of where it landed and snapshot of flight log attached.
Sorry ... I had to change my comments after looking at the data again ..... It's not what I first thought.
Healthydrones doesn't give very much info to work with but what we can see is that you've got a compass error as soon as you lifted off and the Phantom has been dropping in and out of atti mode throughout the flight.
It 's only been in atti for a second or less each time which is unusual.
I wonder if this was just a false alarm as it continues in GPS mode immediately after each atti blip.
When you have initiated RTH the Phantom is actually going backwards and loses 20 metres in 43 seconds.
RTH would be trying to come home at 10 metres/sec but what we can see suggests that there was a headwind running faster than that.
If this is correct the Phantom would have continued trying to come home but losing ground and getting further downwind until the battery got low and it will have autolanded.
But there was a lot of battery left so it could have drifted quite a way further back from the point where you lost contact.

I had to return a P3A due to constant switching to ATTI and back many times during flight, and it had no idea where it was. DJI replaced it.

If Litchi, find my drone won't tell the location, judging the wind speed and direction and altitude last known, post flyers in those areas to the south.

I am using Google earth to try and locate the building shown in last picture. Look for that color/style with roof rafters.

I too am new Litchi User (IOS) - I don't see a 'find my drone' setting either, just looked.. Is it possibly not available in IOS version?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl