Loss of FPV on Vision App

Reaction score
Ok, so I have looked around the board here and I have not seen an answer to this one. I get everything on and connected. Phone is showing connection to the P2V+ and all looks good but as soon as I start the props I loose the connection. Happens every time and I have not figured out a solution to this one. I don't think that it is a software or app issue but more of the P2V causing some interference on start up. Please help if you can, this is the second P2V+ that I have received from Amazon. The first one had a bad gimble and now this is what I get upon unpacking this one... :x Thanks for the helpl

I haven't heard of this one before either. Perhaps the antenna isn't connected inside the phantom?

I have not opened it to check. I unpacked the new one yesterday and the gimbal appeared to be dead...no movement at all but after doing updates it came to life and I am hoping it stays that way. Just very frustrated with the connection issues. What do I need to do to check the connection?

Thanks

It's very easy to open the Phantom, and you should become familiar with it for one reason or another. I've had mine opened many times. There are three Allen screws that hold the shell on for each leg, so it's 12 screws total that are all the same size. Then there is a Phillips head screw at the end of each leg, so 4 screws there. Once you remove all those the shell just lifts off. The only thing to unplug is the GPS connector. It's a no-brainer as to where to plug it back in. The antenna connectors are easily seen and can easily be traced from where they are mounted in the landing gear. You only need an Allen wrench (I forgot the size) and a small Phillips screwdriver for this job. While you're in there you can inspect for any shoddy solder joints or other loose connectors.

I don't know if there is enough play in the wire, but you can try reversing the antenna leads, to see if the 2.4 antenna is bad. Don't attempt to fly it like this. Only do this for testing on the ground.

Lgenese said:
Ok, so I have looked around the board here and I have not seen an answer to this one. I get everything on and connected. Phone is showing connection to the P2V+ and all looks good but as soon as I start the props I loose the connection. Happens every time and I have not figured out a solution to this one. I don't think that it is a software or app issue but more of the P2V causing some interference on start up. Please help if you can, this is the second P2V+ that I have received from Amazon. The first one had a bad gimble and now this is what I get upon unpacking this one... :x Thanks for the helpl

Do me a favour.
May sound silly at first.
The phantom is a flying microwave. We have GPS, 2.4 and 5.8 and compass.
Don't worry about the FPV. Just make sure your telemetry is working. Get the 7 or more GPS sat fixes and take off about 2-3 meters up. Take a few steps back and point the flat surface of the wifi extender at the phantom.

I will give that a shot today and let you know. I am not really concerened flying without FPV but I have no way of operating my camera without it. I can set it to take photos every couple of seconds but I can't controll the pitch of the camera or switch over to video.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor