Looking for new remote controller and battery charger

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just got a used DJI Phantom FC40 P330D (at least I think that it's this model because it came with the DJI FC40 camera). I've never used a drone but I got lucky enough to buy this from a friend for ~100$. The reason of this price is that it doesn't bring the remote or the battery charger. He lost both.

My question is simple: Since I have to buy a new remote controller and a new battery charger, what should I buy? I know that there is people flying their Phantom's with the stock remote controller but since I'm a "upgrade" guy, I'd like to know to what kind of remote do people usually go to when trying to find something better than the stock one? The same question applies for the battery charger. I'm looking for a good quality/price relation. Not trying to go nuts with the money spent on this.

Thank you for reading!

Used stock RC probably cheaper and do an antenna mod to be that upgrade guy... And get better range

Used stock RC probably cheaper and do an antenna mod to be that upgrade guy... And get better range

Since I'm completely new to drones I'm a bit lost with your answer. I have to look for a remote controller that is specific for the FC40? I've read somewhere that the Phantom 1 brought a 2.4 Ghz controller and that this one uses a 5.8 Ghz.
When you talk about an antenna mod, you mean to replace the antenna that the stock remote controller brings?

As for the battery charger, can anyone point me a online store and model to buy?

Last edited:
The remote control is a 5.8 ghz and the one for the Phantom FC40, Phantom 2 and the Phantom2 vision + are interchangeable. I've seen them on EBay for around $65.00 . Mail me I have a new one that I will make you a better offer on. The chargers are available on eBay also. Search on Phantom Fc40 charger

sir/maam
hi i need help my phantom fc40 transmitter power is always red what does that mean? what is the normal color of the transmitter power light

Red normally indicated low battery that they need to be changed or if it the newer RC with rechargeable batteries it needs to be charged with the USB charger. Not sure of the type you have. Look at the bottom and see if it has an access plate to change the 4 AA batteries or if it's a sealed unit. On the top where the red light is do you have single led or is their a place for 4 led's.
I suspect you have to original RC that is battery powered. In your first post you were looking for a transmitter now you say you have one???? You said it was lost, what gives.... Help us out so we can help you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT