Long Litchi Run

I truly appreciate all of the replies, some of them funny and then some serious. I understand that if I do it that it's reckless and a bit immature. That being said, there is absolutely nothing but trees between my house and his. I live in the country. The worst thing that could happen is the drone would go down. I also wont try to attempt it unless UAV Forecast says that its a good day to fly. I was hoping to try it today but weather would not allow it. I actually take my Part 107 test in the morning and probably will have a different outlook on the mission after I have passed the test.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I truly appreciate all of the replies, some of them funny and then some serious. I understand that if I do it that it's reckless and a bit immature. That being said, there is absolutely nothing but trees between my house and his. I live in the country. The worst thing that could happen is the drone would go down. I also wont try to attempt it unless UAV Forecast says that its a good day to fly. I was hoping to try it today but weather would not allow it. I actually take my Part 107 test in the morning and probably will have a different outlook on the mission after I have passed the test.
I haven’t read all replies however I suspect nobody is telling you what you should or shouldn’t do- it’s about you making informed decisions. From what I did read the best advice (my opinion) was from @Neon Euc who suggested you try your hand at less ambitious missions first. He can tell you first hand how exciting it can be launching head first into the wonders of litchi prior to getting stick time and knowing how the AC works.

That's abput the time it would take. Of course making sure it's not fighting to much wind.

Good evening All,
I have been flying pretty long (long to me) distance flights with Litchi here lately. Tomorrow I want to send my P3S to my brother-in laws and just say hi from the drone as he watches in amazement. The flight round trip is 5.4 miles and Litchi says it will take 15 minutes at 30 mph and a height of 200 feet. Does anyone see anything wrong with this? This would be my longest Litchi flight by far.

Nothing wrong in the distance - 4-5k is a fairly common distance flight for me. But you should be more concerned with what’s between your starting location and the destination. NFZ, cables, People, Buildings etc.. as long as you follow the CAA/FAA regs (you’ll break them flying out-of-sight anyway), with a healthy drone and fully charged battery, your 15m should be perfectly feasible. 15mins is the max Litchi duration I fly to. I often recce the flight path before actually flying it.

Share your mission like this, some of will look for errors.

Mission Hub - Litchi
Mission Hub - Litchi
Mission Hub - Litchi

Looking for a lost Phantom is not fun, finding is great, if it crashed it will still be broke. ;)
Phantom 3 drone down

Rod

Have you ever flown it manually if not how do teach the mission. I've not used the litchi app.
Who, me?

If so, I never have flown a mission manually.

If your using a computer click on a mission, then start clicking on the screen, you will be adding waypoints, you can't mess-up saved missions, you can re save somebodies mission but it then it would be on your own account. My missions are still connected to my account.

Rod

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
I've been thinking of making a 4 mile mission (one way) but would like to just draw up the mission without flying it first.

You can't do a one way flight first and last points have to be close, I forget what the distance is but Litchi won't let you run it.
I will see if I find the video that I guy did to get around this, its pretty good.

Rod

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
If it helps yesterday I done my longest flight yet. It was in the air for 18 mins overall. The funny thing is it took 10 mins to get to the place I was sending it to film, let alone film it and come back. It was listed as a 15 min flight and it did it no problem. The one advice I can truly say is this...

START THE LITCHI MISSION WITH THE DRONE ON THE GROUND AND PROPS NOT SPINNING

why? because I launched my drone and let it hover, loaded up the mission and it took about 30 seconds. And by the time it started to go to waypoint 1 it already used 10% battery.

If I just started the mission when the props were not spinning it would have saved me 10% battery. Small things like these little mistakes can change the chances off the drone coming back or not lol. Needless to say it came back with 18% battery. But in theory with out my mistake it would come back with 28% battery. So in your case your mission will be fine as long as its not windy. (The wind was between 3-5 MPH when I done that mission at 120 metres) hope that helps mate

Reactions: JazzAir and RodPad
@Neon Euc
Yes I agree, 99% of the time I do launch without prop's running.
For few days last year Learning Litchi, I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. It would work one day then not on another.
I would press run mission, mission loaded, props never started, then it said mission ended.

Finally loaded up Dji-Go (Stupid Name), start motors, "Battery to Cold" :rolleyes:
Holly crap, Litchi, no warning.
Would Litchi have told me this if I started the motors before I ran the mission?

Rod

I sent mine at the maximum speed it can go. With the OP he is only adding an extra 3 mins flight time so in theory he should come back with roughly 25-30% battery remaining. Best thing OP can do is really do a local 14 min flight a few times, even if its just going round in circles at the height he is planning to get a good idea on how much battery would be left

Excellent idea! I will definitely try this first.

However I wouldn't attempt this one tho...... [emoji23]
View attachment 93211
NOT possible due to DJI-SDK Limits (you would get an error message after uploading the mission):

Min-Max 3D distance between 2 WPs: 0.5-2000m
Max distance between Home and WP: 4000m
Max Cumulative mission distance: 30000m
Min-Max Corner radius of waypoint: 0,2-1000m
Min-Max Orbit Raduis: 15-500m
Min-Max Height: -200-+500m

Max number of actions per waypoint: 15
Max number of times a single waypoint action can be repeated: 15
Min-Max Mission Waypoints: 1-99
How many times the ground station task will be repeated: 1-255
Min-Max Pause setting in WP-action: 0-32 sec. (0-32767 ms)
Rotate UAV in WP-action: -180°, +180°
Controllable Gimbal range: (-90° to +30°), -90° to +0°

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart