Long distance flight throttle question

I go full throttle except when i notice my battery voltage drop and also if i'm flying full throttle and want to ascend i'll back off a little while climbing. I dont do full throttle/full climb anymore beings how thats what caused me and so many others birds to drop! When it says "reduced motor output" you dont need to back off cause the a/c is already backing off throttle on its own

I saw that "reduced motor output to protect battery" message for the first time the other day. Interesting. The battery can't source enough current safely for certain flight configurations and temperatures? Interesting. I wonder how much it's reducing power by?

In a light plane that will indicate 110 kts TAS, there was a strong West wind in FL late one afternoon. I think it might have been 30 kts. I was going East, so it was a tailwind. I took off into it, turned East, and "cruise climbed" up for a while. At 7,500 ft I leveled off, and was seeing OVER 180 kts on the GPS ground speed. A tailwind of well over 7O kts! That's a strong wind.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl