Live stream Vision app - with Waypoints!

Reaction score
Cool video posted by Eric Cheng from DJI - hooked up his iPhone (via HDMI cable) to an internet streaming video device and streamed this Vision+ flight live on a Google+ hangout.

http://skypixel.org/post/86155093459

In the video, he's showing the new Waypoints feature, which is now part of the regular Vision app (beta test). Note that he flew with a Vision+, but the app and Waypoints will work the same for our regular Visions.

DJI say: "Note that the iOS Vision app shown in the video is beta, and is still missing some features."

I wonder will they ever beta test the features, which are now missing? Or is the testing left to the first brave users of new app version?

Listen to the audio again. He states app is for Vision plus w waypoints. I purchased my Vision two weeks before DJI announced the Vision + with the understanding waypoints was just around the corner for the Vision. Sounds like maybe DJI might be bailing on Vision owners in regards to waypoints. Nothing like keeping the customer satisfied.......

Listen to the audio again. He states app is for Vision plus w waypoints. I purchased my Vision two weeks before DJI announced the Vision + with the understanding waypoints was just around the corner for the Vision. Sounds like maybe DJI might be bailing on Vision owners in regards to waypoints. Nothing like keeping the customer satisfied.......

They better not be. With all the talk around waypoints for the phantom vision there'd be a riot if they pulled out now

TallFred said:
Paranoid conspiracy theories notwithstanding - the app will work the same for both Vision and Vision+. The aircraft are basically identical at the controller level. They use the same Vision App.

Other DJI employees have stated this quite explicitly:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... stcount=71

But I guess - as part of the conspiracy, that's what they *would* say, isn't it?

Quite. My understanding is that it is baked into the app, which is shared by both platforms and will work with both as is.

I also understand that what was shown in the video is a beta version, but that there is a release candidate version currently being tested "in the real world" and not just by factory engineers - in both iOS and android form. There have been selected screenshots of the iOS version posted on RCGroups where it looks like people have been checking the "no waypoints in airport zones" limiter. Barring major issues in the release candidate version it shouldn't be too long before it hits the wild.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl