Live feed freezing

Roger. How do you get the screen video with altitude, airspeed, etc to show in the video or can u? Cos I recorded video with sd card in my REMOTE. Hoping it would record my flight, with the flight data on my screen. Nope.
Can it? Thanks.
There is still a bug affecting all P4P and P4P+ recordings of the .SRT side car video caption files to the aircraft microSD card, despite enabling Video Caption in the DJI GO 4 and customized app on the P4P+. Until this is fixed, video caption meta data won't be recorded with the video. However, if you use the HDMI output on the P4P+ during flight, and record that output somehow, it will currently give you exactly what you want.

Cool. Thx. Hopefully they will address it.

How about the ESC switch in the app. Just makes the drone beep. Is that so u can located it in a crash or some type of bit test?
Nothing on google about it. Thx.

Cool. Thx. Hopefully they will address it.

How about the ESC switch in the app. Just makes the drone beep. Is that so u can located it in a crash or some type of bit test?
Nothing on google about it. Thx.
Haven't played with it, but if it works as intended, it could call unwanted attention to the drone before you can arrive to recover it, such that it won't be there when you arrive. Use with caution.

True! Recommend any GPS trackers for them? I know AT&T sells trackers a little bigger than a quarter. Seen people velcro trackers on, not sure what kind they are tho.

Hi Folks - I recently upgraded to a P4 Pro and have finally had ample time to fly over the last few days. I am finding the live feed tends to freeze up, even though it is still recording. Last night I threw it up 200 ft and let it hover for 20 minutes so I could create a time lapse of a sunset. When I started to descend, the live feed was frozen and took probably about 5 seconds to catch up.

Just this AM I was flying around my property and the same thing happened - it would freeze for a few seconds and then catch up. I've also noticed it going to a green screen a few times. I had a full downlink signal at the time, same as last night.

I am up to date on the latest firmware and am using an iPad mini 2 which I thought was powerful enough. Are there any settings on the iPad that may be causing this?

Are you still having this problem? I was having the same issue and not getting anywhere with the forums or DJI themselves.
I seem to have had a result with mine just by playing with the settings in the app. I'm using and iPad 2 With Phantom 4.I went into general settings and turned off the "GEO System" and low and behold the video feed appears to be rock solid! No more glitiching out, green screen, black screen or lag!
I noticed that when I first turned the drone on, before it actually got a GPS fix the video feed was fine. As soon as GPS was located the feed turned bad.
According to the app the GEO System is there to warn if you are in a restricted area or not, my thinking is that if the drone is constantly looking where it is and reporting back then this is maybe producing the lag and glitch in the video feed, i.e. Data overload?
Just a guess but I know that turning the GEO System off cures my problem.
If you are still struggling could you give it a go.
I see a lot of posts regarding this problem with lots of speculation about certain device not being up to scratch etc or the firmware needs winding back, so it would be good if someone else could try this also.
Best Regards,
North.

Are you still having this problem? I was having the same issue and not getting anywhere with the forums or DJI themselves.
I seem to have had a result with mine just by playing with the settings in the app. I'm using and iPad 2 With Phantom 4.I went into general settings and turned off the "GEO System" and low and behold the video feed appears to be rock solid! No more glitiching out, green screen, black screen or lag!
I noticed that when I first turned the drone on, before it actually got a GPS fix the video feed was fine. As soon as GPS was located the feed turned bad.
According to the app the GEO System is there to warn if you are in a restricted area or not, my thinking is that if the drone is constantly looking where it is and reporting back then this is maybe producing the lag and glitch in the video feed, i.e. Data overload?
Just a guess but I know that turning the GEO System off cures my problem.
If you are still struggling could you give it a go.
I see a lot of posts regarding this problem with lots of speculation about certain device not being up to scratch etc or the firmware needs winding back, so it would be good if someone else could try this also.
Best Regards,
North.
GEO is known to be buggy, and as long as you still have the option to turn it off, do so! You can only do so in the app while on the ground, so do it now, and never look back! :cool:

Reactions: North

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164