Little help about Altitude

Reaction score
I have learned that my P3P will go as high as 400 feet then it says thats as far as i can go . I am going to the mountains soon and the cabin is close to the top of the mountain. So if I start in the yard and fly my drone straight out toward the road up its more than a 400 foot drop between the cabin and a main road . I hope i asked that where someone would understand. Kinda like flying off over a cliff. Will I be able to get the drone to come back . What should i look out for . Im really a newbie here but learning. I know not to hit the go home button while under the trees .Experienced that the other day . Didnt tear up anything WHEW>>>>

I have learned that my P3P will go as high as 400 feet then it says thats as far as i can go . I am going to the mountains soon and the cabin is close to the top of the mountain. So if I start in the yard and fly my drone straight out toward the road up its more than a 400 foot drop between the cabin and a main road . I hope i asked that where someone would understand. Kinda like flying off over a cliff. Will I be able to get the drone to come back . What should i look out for . Im really a newbie here but learning. I know not to hit the go home button while under the trees .Experienced that the other day . Didnt tear up anything WHEW>>>>
Your phantom has no idea how high it is above ground once you are above VPS range- the depicted altitude is simply the height above where you launched from.

You can set the max altitude anywhere up to 500m. There are instances where you may be well over 400 feet above your launch point while still being closer to the terrain. Mountains and hills are good examples.

Reactions: Ditchwitch
The reason you cant go any higher than 400 ft is because you have the altitude limited to 400 ft. From what I understood your question to be. If you take off from a higher point, you altitude will become negative as you fly down, instead of positive. I'm not sure if it will stop at -400 ft.

I have learned that my P3P will go as high as 400 feet then it says thats as far as i can go
You can increase the max altitude in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Max-Altitude.PNG

Will I be able to get the drone to come back
Sure. Just fly it back to the home point when you want to land ;)

Your phantom has no idea how high it is above ground once you are above VPS range- the depicted altitude is simply the height above where you launched from.

You can set the max altitude anywhere up to 500m. There are instances where you may be well over 400 feet above your launch point while still being closer to the terrain. Mountains and hills are good examples.
So i am understanding correctly. The height is only related to the take off spot??. Not over the terrain it is traveling

The height is only related to the take off spot??. Not over the terrain it is traveling
The height displayed at the bottom of DJI GO shows how high your Phantom ascended over top of the take off point. When you fly over a cliff, that altitude won't change unless you also ascend/descend.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT