Litchi app on Android

Hi all!

We released the first version of the Litchi today!

Download it from Google Play or via http://www.flylitchi.com

** Important **
When starting the app for the first time, you need to be connected to Internet in order to validate the app with DJI servers.

Feature Highlights:
  • Smart connection: You don't need to leave the app to go into your Wi-Fi settings, the app will detect your phantom's Wi-Fi network and automatically connect to it
  • Fast refreshing flight data (altitude, distance, speed & more)
  • Autorecord
  • Choose between Full screen FPV or shared screen video and map
  • Advanced Camera settings (including 4608x3456 photo size and contrast which are not in the official app)
  • Take Full HD photos while recording
  • Gesture based Gimbal control (touch down and then scroll up or down)
  • Tablet support
  • Hassle free map caching, disconnect by clicking the top button
  • Compatible with Vision, Vision Plus & Vision Plus with GoPro mod

Ground station mode is currently readying for a release. It should be released next week if all goes well but if you can't wait and want to check it out you can download it by following these instructions:
  1. Join the Google group
  2. Allow pre-release downloads by clicking Become a Tester in the Play Store (you need to join the Google Group before becoming a tester)
  3. Download Litchi from the Play Store to update your app

Our pre-release version includes a fully functional Ground Station, you can load and save missions offline. There are no limits to how far you can place waypoints, except with no fly zones. You can set waypoints at up to 400m altitude, 57km/h and have up to 60sec wait time at each one of them.

Follow me & flight logs are coming soon!

FAQ:

- How do I connect to my phantom?
When starting the app for the first time, make sure you are connected to Internet. Then click on the top button and connection should happen automatically as long as your phantom and range extender are both turned on!
After the first startup, if your phone's Wi-Fi is enabled and you are already connected to the phantom's Wi-Fi network, the app will automatically connect. If you are not connected to the phantom's Wi-Fi network, it will first ask you for confirmation.

- Why are my maps showing as blank?
Unfortunately you have to be connected to Internet in order to download maps. In order to do that, either start the app with Wi-Fi disabled OR click on the top button if you are currently connected to the phantom.
Once disconnected from the Wi-Fi, you will be able to drag the map around in order to cache maps!

- What features are you planning to add in the future?
Our current plan in the near-future is to add a Follow-me mode, more Ground Station features such as POI, flight logs!

- Is this app compatible with a Phantom 2 Vision, or Phantom 2 Vision Plus, or both?
It is compatible with both the Vision and the Vision Plus.

- Can I use this app with a Vision Plus that has the GoPro mod?
Yes! Most camera features won't be available but everything else works!

- I have a suggestion, or a bug to report, what should I do?
Join our forums at Google Groups and let us know or drop us a message here, we already have many planned features and we always welcome more ideas & suggestions!

- I was a beta tester already for the previous versions, why am I not getting updates?
You will need to re-allow testing in the Play Store as this is a whole new app!
Do you guys planning on adding camera settings and some of the other features that are on the go app but that aren't on litchi for android.

Reactions: Mr.Spock
I got the app and I will try it tomorrow any advices ? Anything I should be careful with?

I would recommend the Nvidia Shield if you can get get your hands on it and/or exchange it.
The tab S2 should be ok in theory, but the app has not been tested on it so much since it's a new device.
If software works best for your device that's fine, the hardware decoder will not necessarily have better results on all devices.
For the "Enter a name for the file" problem, you can use the back key after typing the name to close the keyboard, and you should be able to see the ok button then.
Are there failsafe rules in the litchi app?
What happens when RC signal is lost?
In the DJIGO app u can define myself when RC signal is lost that the P3A will RTH and also by default when battary is critical or very low rules like land and RTH apply automatically?

I got the litchi app pages 11.99 £ for it last night and I want to try it but there is not even a manual on the site do u know where I can find it before I fly my P3A with it ? I made a payed a lot of money for my Phantom like the rest of us and I don't want to risk damaging it in any way.

Are there failsafe rules in the litchi app?
What happens when RC signal is lost?
In the DJIGO app u can define myself when RC signal is lost that the P3A will RTH and also by default when battary is critical or very low rules like land and RTH apply automatically?

I got the litchi app pages 11.99 £ for it last night and I want to try it but there is not even a manual on the site do u know where I can find it before I fly my P3A with it ? I made a payed a lot of money for my Phantom like the rest of us and I don't want to risk damaging it in any way.
Flylitchi.com/help . There it explains all of the features . I think they could've done a better job with explaining features but for the most part it covers almost everything

Reactions: JBG
Flylitchi.com/help . There it explains all of the features . I think they could've done a better job with explaining features but for the most part it covers almost everything
I read it all I found nothing on failsafe settings

Failsafes carry over from go app

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

One word of warning that is not just a litchi issue but if you loose rc control while on a orbit, the bird will orbit till critical battery and just land, it WILL NOT RTH. DJI is aware and working on a fix

I read it all I found nothing on failsafe settings

You really should spend some time on the Google groups page, help will come quicker and more concise than here.

You really should spend some time on the Google groups page, help will come quicker and more concise than here.

Please kindly give me a specific reference to failsafe settings otherwise please avoid patronising me. I repeat I read everything on the help page and also I scanned the group but I found next to nothing. In addition to that I found a video on YouTube where someone is running the beta version and the batary failsafe RTH option is there.

Failsafes carry over from go app

OK apologies I just saw this OK thank u. I tested the app today it was running smoothly except the follow me mode that is flaky. I am waiting for my beta version trial acount to be approved so I can test the latest version. Thank u

hi guys is there a way to enlarge the direction radar circle like in the vision app at all

I have found the 2 facebook groups but not the Google group mentioned.

Could you provide a link?

Thanks

Hi. I have problem with following issues.

When I used included booster in Litchi, the FPV lagging and I can't get smooth view. Now I boosting the wifi singal by external aplication FPV booster which works very well with other aplications especially with DJI vision and Litchi but your internal booster works very bad in my case. My mobile phone is Xiaomi Hongmi (Android 4.2).

And my other problem is taking photos when I recording the video. When I push the button for taking photo, video recording continued only few seconds and after that it stop. The last thing which I don't like is that the video is splitted to more segments when I take a photo. It's very uncomfortable.

Do you have any solutions?

I get a lot of failed uploads for waypoints. But man when it works it's amazing. I especially like the auto take off to the height I set and auto start waypoints.

How close to the Solo "Cable Cam" can Litchi get? Five axis shots with gimbal tilt control and smooth panning from one end of flight path to the other?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT