Litchi app on Android

Thanks.
If you start a POI and you are away form the POI and circle, what happens? Does it fly up to the height and fly to the nearest point on the circle? Or does it fly at angle up to that height? All important stuff as we need to know what the behavior is, to prevent a crash. I could imagine for example wanting to do a POI on a subject in a neighbouring field and would want to know how it would initially get there. Thanks for all the efforts and answering these silly questions!

If you start a POI and you are away form the POI and circle, what happens? Does it fly up to the height and fly to the nearest point on the circle? Or does it fly at angle up to that height?
This is answered in our faq: http://flylitchi.com/faq
To sum up, it will depend on the "Ascend first" switch. When it is on, the aircraft will first rise to preset altitude, then fly to entry point. When off, it will fly directly to entry point while adjusting altitude at the same time.

Last edited:
1.6.1 showing up in Play Store already. Thank you once again for your superior customer service.

OMG ... You're kidding me? I can pull flight data out of Litchi? You've just saved me £40, I was going to buy a flytrex!

Thanks
Phil.

I really wish there was an "ascend first" option for GS missions [emoji1]

Sent from my phone

I really wish there was an "ascend first" option for GS missions
That's not possible. The firmware is what controls GS missions and we don't "control" the firmware's code. POI is controlled by the app which we can "control".

Reactions: ctrlbrk
That's not possible. The firmware is what controls GS missions and we don't "control" the firmware's code. POI is controlled by the app which we can "control".

I understand. I wish you could just know we are in GS and about to submit a GS mission for flight, and then manually ascend to the altitude of the first waypoint before you actually 'engage' the GS mission after we hit 'OK'.

Reactions: Kaehn
We could do it the way you're saying but it would be a pain due to how the Ground Station API works. But then again it's just a matter of adding a waypoint above the phantom's take off location (I know 1 waypoint can be a lot when there are only 16 :p the good news is the P3 isn't limited at 16!).

I understand. I wish you could just know we are in GS and about to submit a GS mission for flight, and then manually ascend to the altitude of the first waypoint before you actually 'engage' the GS mission after we hit 'OK'.

To further clarify my request, for me personally when I launch GS missions I do it with the copter on the ground. So ideally, for me, it would work like this:

1) Set waypoints, altitude, etc
2) Have an 'ascend first' option somewhere, like POI
3) Submit mission and hit 'OK'
4) Litchi ascends first, just like it can with POI
5) Then Litchi submits the GS mission to the P2V+ and off it goes to waypoint 1

But you accomplish the same thing when your first waypoint is nearly overhead at the altitude you want it to start at. Just hit "Okay", it ascends to your desired altitude for the first waypoint overhead, and then proceeds with the rest of the GS mission. You can even add a pause time at the first waypoint if you want to give yourself some time to adjust the camera angle.

Kaehn, I made my first POI flight last night. It was perfect as I expected from your program. It was worth the price in my opinion. Once again, well done!

So just became a tester, having a few issues now, not getting battery percentage and i have no control of the gimble. the camera is working and sending back video i just cant control the tilt and when i hit any of the camera settings buttons it tells me the cameras not connected. anyone else having this problem or have a solution. i have left the test group and reinstalled the app with no remedy. also no getting a count on SAT connection.

Make sure the DJI vision app or any other phantom app is not running in the background.
To keep things simple, restart phone & phantom/range extender, and it should fix it.

Kaehn. Great app!! I've been using it now for a month or so. Now playing with the POI. Great stuff and well worth the money!! Just to be clear on your previous post concerning what happens when you get out of 2.4 ghz wifi range. You state that the phantom "should" enter into RTH after being disconnected for 3 seconds or more like it does on the 5.8 ghz side. Do we know this for sure? Also, one of the wishlist items I would have would be a way to program how many "orbits" it makes around the POI, then automatically RTH!

Make sure the DJI vision app or any other phantom app is not running in the background.To keep things simple, restart phone & phantom/range extender, and it should fix it.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the fast reply. Just tried it twice and still no go. kinda stumped. your app is the only one installed on the device. worked great before the update.

Just to be clear on your previous post concerning what happens when you get out of 2.4 ghz wifi range. You state that the phantom "should" enter into RTH after being disconnected for 3 seconds or more like it does on the 5.8 ghz side. Do we know this for sure?
If the wifi signal is lost, the app won't be able to send commands anymore, so the phantom will either continue moving in the same direction it was moving just before the connection broke, or it will hover.
If the RC signal is lost, that's when I thought it would RTH (as that's what some people reported with follow mode which uses the same mechanism), but apparently one of my testers just tested turning the RC off while doing a POI, and the phantom kept doing it as normal, with the leds flashing yellow.

@LeadHawk I'm not sure why you're having this issue, but one thing to know is the current alpha version is exactly the same code as the current release version, the only difference is you can switch to P3 in the alpha.

I must say Im surprice I have to pay for the POI as on Feature page it indicate it is included!

Installed and tested on my Samsung S5 and Everything works greate.
FPV, GS, and POI works fine.
Follow i did not test.
My Samsung GT-N700 did NOT work well at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor