Litchi app on Android

Hi.
I've just bought your app, I have to admit, mainly for POI as I'll be using POI up on Dartmoor out of cell phone signal range to circle the hundreds of artifacts on the moor. Will your app work with cached google earth maps as does another app I use regularly for waypoint mission flying and free flight modes?
Hopefully it does as I've been waiting for a year for an app with the POI functionality to come onto the market.

It will be brilliant if it does so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Yes it will work with cached google maps

Thx for the quick response Good news, look forward to testing POI on the moors next week, once the wind drops a bit, to see how well it works

I used POI for the first time today and it worked perfectly. I do wish I could have a higher radius like 250m, but otherwise it was perfect.

I did more testing today with the waypoints in high wind, and found a setting of 'stay 0 seconds' did help a lot, however it would still hover at the waypoint for over a minute before moving to the next waypoint, slightly concerning.

How do I cache maps? Is it as easy as browsing an area in Lichi at home on WiFi then going to the same area and starting up Litchi again?

Yes, pretty much, same process as with DJI Vision.
Also if you have LTE or 3G wherever you want to fly, you can do it on the spot. If you are connected to the phantom, simply tap the top button, disconnect, you'll then be able to cache maps. Once done, reconnect via top button.

Yes, pretty much, same process as with DJI Vision.
Also if you have LTE or 3G wherever you want to fly, you can do it on the spot. If you are connected to the phantom, simply tap the top button, disconnect, you'll then be able to cache maps. Once done, reconnect via top button.
I'm just waiting for pay day to come round and then I'll pull the trigger and buy. Loving the POI feature and can't wait to use it

Thanks for the quick response
Phil.

I just used your POI for the first time and it worked great with my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. It seemed to want to go for a second orbit, so I aborted it at that point. Am I correct that it will continue to circle until I decide to take control or return home?

That's correct, to stop it use the button at bottom left, or flip the controller s1 switch to mid position and back to top position.

That's correct, to stop it use the button at bottom left, or flip the controller s1 switch to mid position and back to top position.
Speaking of this, there is no Home icon on the POI screen. I had to switch to GS mode then clicked Home.

In high winds I find having it land itself is better than what I can do manually.

Sent from my phone

Speaking of this, there is no Home icon on the POI screen. I had to switch to GS mode then clicked Home.
Will add it.

Reactions: ctrlbrk
I believe it will RTH after losing signal for more than 3 seconds but I have not had this happen.

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but
1 will the POI work on my phantom2vision?
2 can you preplot it like a GS mission on your maps facility?
3 can you GS it to a place and then do the POI there? or do you really have to be doing the POI when you are close to the POI?
4 what happens if you lose controller signal during a POI? does it RTH? or does it carry on doing its thing?-OOPs, sorry, just saw answer above
Thanks v much

1 will the POI work on my phantom2vision?
2 can you preplot it like a GS mission on your maps facility?
3 can you GS it to a place and then do the POI there? or do you really have to be doing the POI when you are close to the POI?
4 what happens if you lose controller signal during a POI? does it RTH? or does it carry on doing its thing?
Thanks v much
1. yes
2. there is no load/save for POI, because we think it's not needed as it's just one point and a few settings
3. No. POI cannot be programmed to start "inside" a GS mission, POI and GS are 2 different modes. Also, you need to make sure you are in wifi range for POI to work as it is the app that is controlling the aircraft.
4. answer is just above your post, I believe it will RTH (haven't had it happen so can't confirm and DJI does not make this clear)

Thanks
I think you should consider making it a load/save thing if its easy, as like GS, I like to spend the least time possible programming it in the field. And its always good to carefully consider tall obstacles etc in a relaxed manner at home - much safer.
When you say wifi range-do you mean controller wifi or the video link (quite a difference in the range obviously)

The range extender's wifi range which is about 700m for a P2V+. The app/mobile device needs to be able to communicate with the phantom at all times during poi.

1.6.1 has been uploaded to the play store (will be available in a few hours) and has the following changes:

All aircrafts:
  • added gohome button in POI mode
  • misc bug fixes
P2:
  • fix crashes when opening any of the autonomous flight modes or when starting motors

Reactions: ctrlbrk
Do we have to delete the old app before upgrading to the latest?

Shouldn't need to, it will instal over your old one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl