Litchi app on Android

In the screenshot below, could you tell me what the functions are for those two icons as indicated by the yellow arrows?
Right button is a "zoom to home position/phantom position" button.
Left button is the automated take off button. If you do not regain control automatically at the end of the automatic take off, you may have to flip your controller S1 switch to mid position and back to top position.

Left icon only appears when connected to phantom & in fpv mode.

A popup expansion is something a few people have asked and we'd like to add that at some point.

Hey just saw this app and bought it. Very polished and professional. Finds my drone's WiFi, booster built in, everything works great so far. Love it! Thanks.

Purchased App on Yesterday and Flew with my Phantom 2 Vision PLUS v3.0 running 3.14 firmware with an Asus MeMo Pad 7 Tablet run Android 4.4

The only problem I experienced was WiFi FPV locked up so I flew home blind using course lock. Also, restarting does not bring the FPV back when in flight.

I like the app and I did Run a few long range GS missions.

I'm using the release version on Play Store. I have not signed up for pre-release versions yet.

It should work, however due to the fact that it's not a 'powerful' tablet I cannot guarantee it will work very well since the DJI development kit is quite demanding.

I can report, with extensive experience, that the Samsung Note 8 will NOT run this app correctly.

As you gave a warning to me, I am not, IN THE LEAST, upset that this failed. I knew the risk and I tried to run it anyway. No damage was done to my drone. I kept it within visual sight at all times. I will, however, go into detail as to what I experienced on this tablet platform to hopefully save others from making the same decision as I. I have many other uses for this tablet so I am not terribly disappointed here. The DJI Vision App, once loaded via memory card, does work quite well although the battery is discharged rather quickly. I have two batteries for the P2V+ V3 and the Note 8 ran long enough for both although I was left at just 40% battery life on the Note. No big deal though.

I spent over two hours between yesterday and today attempting to get some type of performance out of Litchi and the Note 8.0 running Jellybean. I have no confidence in it running on a newer OS release either.

What I found was that Litchi overheated the Note 8 battery and caused the Note to discharge within 25 minutes both times. The camera view via WiFi with this tablet remained locked to the first home point position recorded by the drone. Even though I attempted to restart the connection by turning off WiFi, then stopping the app and eventually, hard rebooting the Note 8, nothing made any difference. The very first camera picture received remained throughout the flight. Altitude and speed were updated with a lot of lag, as was the available Sats, but nothing else was updated. No battery life, nothing else.

I tried using the lowest video setting at 15fps and nothing changed. I tried using a lower tablet brightness and no increase of note was indicated in the tablet battery life span. While running the Litchi app, the drone, when it reached 30% battery, wouldn't even RTH. It took my flipping to failsafe before the drone responded as anticipated and flew at 125' to the home point initially made at start up. Then, as expected, the TX came back online and I was able to lower the drone to a soft landing.

I will say this, though. While Litchi was running, the drone seemed, and this could just be coincidence, to be more stable in "hands off" and in all other flight transitions. As in, the drone would hover in a tighter circle at 125' as well as at 6'. It seemed to stay within the radius and altitude hold a bit better. The moment I turned Litchi off and just flew without any WiFi connection, the drone returned to a wider radius and added about 2' to altitude in hovering transitions when hands off.

After recharging my drone batteries, and installing DJI Vision, I went back out and flew another 30 minutes worth. Vision worked just fine with no adverse indicators in flight, while hovering or anything else. Worked just as it does on my S4 Active cell phone although, I did have to load DJI Vision via the micro SD card. The App wouldn't show up in Google Play for this Note 8.

In the near future, I plan on purchasing a larger android device that WILL run Litchi well. Any input the dev's could give me on which 7" or larger tablet to buy that is confirmed to work with Litchi would be tremendously appreciated!

Thanks for the feedback, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience and if you want a refund and I would totally understand, please email [email protected] with your transaction ID (can be seen at https://wallet.google.com/manage).

Regarding tablets, I recommend the nvidia shield tablet (8inch), with or without LTE (Wifi only version: http://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-940-81761-2500-000-SHIELD-Tablet-WiFi/dp/B00LM6KF7O), it's probably one of the most powerful Android tablets out there at the moment and relatively cheap compared to other tablets.
...and I own one, so you can be sure that Litchi will run well on it.
That being said I believe the Nvidia shield 2 is expected to be released soon so you might want to wait a little in case you want the very best.

Reactions: BlackHawk388
Thanks for the feedback, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience and if you want a refund and I would totally understand, please email [email protected] with your transaction ID (can be seen at https://wallet.google.com/manage).

Regarding tablets, I recommend the nvidia shield tablet (8inch), with or without LTE (Wifi only version: http://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-940-81761-2500-000-SHIELD-Tablet-WiFi/dp/B00LM6KF7O), it's probably one of the most powerful Android tablets out there at the moment and relatively cheap compared to other tablets.
...and I own one, so you can be sure that Litchi will run well on it.
That being said I believe the Nvidia shield 2 is expected to be released soon so you might want to wait a little in case you want the very best.

No refund required although, I appreciate your willingness to do so. That says a lot about your character! I went into this knowing I could be spending money on an app that might not work well per your sound advice.

Also, with your further advice to buy the Nvidia Shield, I will be doing so once funds are available! Thank you so much for not tying your app to a single device! I hope the Sheild2 comes out soon so the first version will be cheaper! LOL! I'm a HUGE Nvidia fan for my personal computer builds. So I look forward to having a good excuse to buy the Shield! ;)

We don't have an app on iOS, so no!

Yes Follow me does not use GS waypoints and POI won't either, however they use the Ground Station API (if it sounds confusing that's because it is, it's just how DJI calls it) which makes them unusable in nofly-zones or restricted zones. And trust me I wish it would work too, as I also live right on the edge of a restricted zone, but on the wrong side which makes for long trips whenever I want to test/debug GS/Follow me/POI.
The bottom line is that autonomous modes in general can't be used in nofly zones and restricted zones.

Hello, Kaehn! Do we have to download the Ground Station API? If yes, where do we find it, please?

YawMaster

Hello, Kaehn! Do we have to download the Ground Station API? If yes, where do we find it, please?
Sorry I'm not sure I understand your question. The GS API is a developer only thing, as a user of the app you do not need to download it, it comes with the app (it's part of the dji sdk).

For P2 not yet, I just deployed the POI feature for P2 to the alpha testing channel. Barring any major issues, it should be released soon as in-app purchase.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yaw Master
For P2 not yet, I just deployed the POI feature for P2 to the alpha testing channel. Barring any major issues, it should be released soon.
I have been waiting for nearly two years for somebody to overcome the problems associated with POI. LETS HOPE THIS WORKS.

Reactions: Gunner311
Very nice work, love the app! Not a bad thing to say about it in almost 100 flights using it. one question though. will maxing out the db number in fpv booster give me better range with fpv?

Yes but keep in mind increasing it will also increase chances of wifi unit overheating.

Reactions: Yaw Master
Ahoj. Mužů poprosit o zaslání alpha verze na email [email protected]? Jsem v testu pivo Aplikace se neaktualitovala. Taky mám Tábor, zakoupenou. Díky. PS: Moc Dobrá práce.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka