Litchi app on Android

Hi. "follow me" would be able "follow" off-road motorcycle at 30-40km/h (20-25mph)?
what´s max speed in this mode?

thanks

Unlikely, the max speed is about 15km/h. This is a limit imposed by DJI.

Ok, thanks... and max height? distance?
Can I select ie 150m (a wide angle would be able to follow during some time on screen) and 30m (distance)? Then if distance (due more speed) is increasing... does "follow me" continue -increasing distance- or stop?

thanks

For follow me, we are using a special autonomous mode (not Ground Station), where the speed is limited to about 15km/h.

@Kaehn.......My first post to congratulate you on this awesome app, nice n easy to use and looks very sharp indeed. Had a few problems on initial setup with my Google Nexus 7 (Gen 2) running 4.4.4 but got that sorted with some research on this and other Phantom forums. The problem i had was the app freezing, very pixilated screen and wifi dropping out making the app unusable when my bird was in the air but a simple change in settings in the app to 640x480 15fps (from 30fps) cured everything and the app worked perfectly all weekend so anyone out there having problems with their Nexus 7 just change the frame rate to 15fps and all will be good.

52eab5a3ec1ab916e5035b67f378f7fd.jpg
Patiently waiting for the P3 app @Kaehn lol

Reactions: Jan Erik and Kaehn
Kaehan, I purchased your app. Am working off line to learn it. I have run into two things I don't understand . When I set the way points it doesn't show an line to return to home after setting the last way point. Is it automatically assumed it comes back? And the second item when I drop a way point I can't get them to move to pin point where I want them. Am I doing something incorrectly? You can respond here or email [email protected]
Thanks

Hello,

If you don't have enough satellites (<6), the home point won't show on the map, which is why we don't show the last "line". However you'll see it once you get to the place where you want to do the mission. When planning offline you should assume that line will be added automatically eventually.
As for moving waypoints, it can be quite difficult to move them precisely, mostly due to google maps limitations, the best way to move them precisely is to drag them (hold finger on a waypoint and drag).
Otherwise you can also plan more precisely using our website: http://flylitchi.com/gs

Thanks, that's the best customer service I have received in a long time. Thank you very much. Enjoying the app.

Here is a fly away that just happen to me using GS. I'm not thinking it had anything to do with the app but it might be something to be aware of. I thought the GS had no range limit but just as I was starting mission it looks like a message popped up that I could not see in the sunlight. I can barely read it with the screen capture of my phone. Here is what happened.
I was hovering about 150 ft making sure all was ok then right about when I hit the go button on a GS mission it went into ATT mode, lost all satellites and took off in opposite direction of where it should go. I now flipped the switch to ATT mode and back to GPS mode, nothing. Tried to steer it , nothing, hit the come home button, nothing. RTH switch, nothing. I Found Phantom thanks to GPS tracker about 1/2 mile away high in a tree.. Got it back and checked camera footage and the camera cut off
about half way thru flight, so did not get the crash on camera. It show it taking off going backwards and then about half way into flight turning around and going forward then video shut off .
By looking at camera file dates, the flight I had just before the 'fly away' flight had the right file date. The 'fly away' flight had a file date of 12-31-2007. Seems like the phantom lost its brain for a little bit as it flew away. When I went next to turn it on it had a MC Data Error, MCU IMU Calibration error. So I plug into Phantom Assistant and recalibrate then do a compass calibrate and now it flies again. The video file dates are now back to normal.

That is weird, it seems like just as you opened the flight report it switched to ATTI mode with 0 GPS and started moving on its own?
I'm glad you found it! Hope it is still intact.

I just joined this forum. I really like it so far, it is so much nicer than that "other" big forum (people have not been helpful to me over there).

Before I even powered on my P2V+ I had already downloaded and played around with @Kaehn's app "Litchi". I love the app. I've never even used the stock DJI app when flying. I've had a couple of questions and Kaehn is always very quick to reply to me by email (I mean within minutes).

I love the app. However, I am having one recurring problem and I could use some help. I routinely lose FPV video. Sometimes I lose it within 10 seconds of take off, other times it will be 200 meters or more. But almost 100% of the time when I lose FPV video (it just 'freezes') the FPV signal indicator still shows full bars (maximum strength). Even if I fly back to home, FPV never resumes. I have to completely power everything off and restart the app to get FPV to resume. This happens to me every single flight and is annoying as you can imagine.

I've recently ordered the IT elite antenna mod which I will install once I return from my trip. I hope it helps with this issue. But the main culprit is full strength meter FPV, yet no FPV video. It never seems to resume under any circumstances.

Any help is much appreciated.

vlcsnap-2015-05-19-11h31m50s870.png
vlcsnap-2015-05-19-11h33m04s812.png

Attached are two scenarios. The first interestingly enough shows 0 bars strength FPV, but I was able to fly over 500m and maintain FPV video. It showed 0 bars from the moment I took off.

The second shows full five bar strength, but the FPV video locked up even before I took off. You can see the FPV shows 'red' illuminating from the top of my case before I lifted off and shows 0m on the clock, yet telemetry shows me 166m away. Note the full strength FPV.

My phone is an LG G3 running Android 5.0.

Last edited:
Hi ctrlbrk,

I'm honestly not quite sure why you're having these fpv problems, is anyone else using the app with a LG G3 successfully?
For the video bars, we do pings to measure the quality of the connection and adjust the bars depending on the response time. It should probably at least show 1 bar in the first screenshot, I'll double check if the code is ok.
For the 2nd screen, to me it looks like the problem is more due to your phone not being 100% compatible with the dji sdk's way of decoding video. But what surprises me is that I thouht the LG G3 was a pretty good phone. I personally have freezes with a low spec tablet (which appear also in the sdk demo) but that's because it is low spec :/

Reactions: ctrlbrk
Hi ctrlbrk,

I'm honestly not quite sure why you're having these fpv problems, is anyone else using the app with a LG G3 successfully?
For the video bars, we do pings to measure the quality of the connection and adjust the bars depending on the response time. It should probably at least show 1 bar in the first screenshot, I'll double check if the code is ok.
For the 2nd screen, to me it looks like the problem is more due to your phone not being 100% compatible with the dji sdk's way of decoding video. But what surprises me is that I thouht the LG G3 was a pretty good phone. I personally have freezes with a low spec tablet (which appear also in the sdk demo) but that's because it is low spec :/

Hi Kaehn,

For the first point, I was near by (140m). Honestly I've never seen anything but 5 bars or 0 bars, nothing in between. Where I was flying was on the top of a large hill, nothing around me was higher than I was, there was perfect line of sight, no towers, no homes near by, no interference.

For the second point, it's not a screen artifact. It was getting late (after sunset) and you are simply seeing the red glow illuminating from under the drone while it was sitting on my case before take off. The video froze before the copter ever left the ground.

When FPV is lost, should it be automatically resumed later? I've never one time had FPV resume, even when I am 1 meter away from the copter.

If there is some sort of debug mode I could enable on your app, I am happy to work with you to send you debug trace files or etc and try and solve the issue. Believe me, I want it to work!

The issue where you do not regain FPV after losing it happens due to a problem with the DJI code.
The video reconnection process is handled by the SDK but sometimes, for some reason, it does not reconnect. In my case the only times I've seen it not reconnect is when I go out of range. I am not quite sure why you are losing FPV when the Phantom is close to you though. There is no debug mode for this due to most of that code being in the SDK. To be honest, it's something I've been wanting to fix for a while, but at the same time it needs to be fixed by DJI really (we can't access the code and just reproducing it in my case is not easy since I have to go out of range and hope it won't reconnect, because sometimes it does actually reconnect).

Reactions: ctrlbrk
The issue where you do not regain FPV after losing it happens due to a problem with the DJI code.
The video reconnection process is handled by the SDK but sometimes, for some reason, it does not reconnect. In my case the only times I've seen it not reconnect is when I go out of range. I am not quite sure why you are losing FPV when the Phantom is close to you though. There is no debug mode for this due to most of that code being in the SDK. To be honest, it's something I've been wanting to fix for a while, but at the same time it needs to be fixed by DJI really (we can't access the code and just reproducing it in my case is not easy since I have to go out of range and hope it won't reconnect, because sometimes it does actually reconnect).

I understand. Is there a way to reset the connection? Like monitor the FPV time stamp or similar to see if it is frozen, then issue a connection break/reset? IIRC, the time stamp on the FPV video will freeze along with the video. Or maybe save the final frame in a buffer and check to see if the contents are changing after a certain period, and if false then issue some sort of reset?

Thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94