Litchi app on Android

LOOOVE the potential of this app. Only problem I have is that even though I have cached maps the window on the bottom right appears black. If I click it it will switch to full screen map and if I click it again it will change to full screen FPV but with the box still black.
What am I doing wrong? I was able to do a GS mission when I had map blown up in full screen but like I said the box on bottom right remained black. If I wanted to use FPV I had to click the black box and vice versa.
Tried it again tonight. Again I could do GS with map in full screen but the box on the bottom right remained black where FPV should have been. Went back and put FPV full screen and box still black.

@ccase39, is this on android 4.1? which device are you using? There is a known issue with Android 4.1 and the black maps, this is something we want to fix asap.

@Yaw Master Orienting the phantom while in a GS mission does not seem possible right now due to firmware limitations. We are looking at other ways of doing POI.

@G-unit This is very difficult to debug since I don't own a nexus 7. You should try with airplane mode disabled if you haven't already, generally you shouldn't need to enable it.
I am not quite sure what could cause your wi-fi to disconnect, I know some samsung phones have the smart network switch but I don't think you have that on nexus 7? is that happening when you're close to the phantom?

@ccase39, is this on android 4.1? which device are you using? There is a known issue with Android 4.1 and the black maps, this is something we want to fix asap.

@Yaw Master Orienting the phantom while in a GS mission does not seem possible right now due to firmware limitations. We are looking at other ways of doing POI.

@G-unit This is very difficult to debug since I don't own a nexus 7. You should try with airplane mode disabled if you haven't already, generally you shouldn't need to enable it.
I am not quite sure what could cause your wi-fi to disconnect, I know some samsung phones have the smart network switch but I don't think you have that on nexus 7? is that happening when yoHiu're close to the phantom?
It is an Asus Transformer. I do assume its a 4.1 as it is a few years old. If that is the case shouldnt there be an Android update?

Please let me know when you fix. If I can get this map thing down this app will be huge and a def favorite. So many cool features!

I am not quite sure what could cause your wi-fi to disconnect, I know some samsung phones have the smart network switch but I don't think you have that on nexus 7? is that happening when you're close to the phantom?

Thanks for your normal quick reply. Software limitations would explain why I Love Coffee had such problems. Will you insert an outside piece of software to overcome the POI? We must have a statue made of you when you resolve this POI dilemma! GOOD LUCK KAEHN!

[USER=11268]@G-unit
This is very difficult to debug since I don't own a nexus 7. You should try with airplane mode disabled if you haven't already, generally you shouldn't need to enable it.
I am not quite sure what could cause your wi-fi to disconnect, I know some samsung phones have the smart network switch but I don't think you have that on nexus 7? is that happening when you're close to the phantom?[/USER]

Hi, thanks for the reply, I have tried it with airplane On and Off, dont change, It will do it at 2ft to 400ft away, What can i do to help fix the problem??
I can send you my Nex-7 if you want??
Let me know what i can do to help.
Thanks G

I know that's not what you want to hear but I'm kind of out of ideas here for your wi-fi issue. Is anyone else using the app with a nexus 7 and/or Android 5.0/5.1 and having wi-fi issues?

Last edited:
I just ordered a small Android tablet with 4.4 KitKat. Will it work on this system?

Hi, yes i was having both them problem, but it seems now that it is just wifi, it will disconnect, sometimes it will come right back and other times it will take like 30sec to a 1min, The wifi meter will go red on the app and the screen will freeze.
Flash another rom formatting everything? This is the first test you should have already done

I just ordered a small Android tablet with 4.4 KitKat. Will it work on this system?
Depends which tablet, but anything that isn't on the lower end of specs should work well, especially with Android 4.4

I know that's not what you want to hear but I'm kind of out of ideas here for your wi-fi issue. Is anyone else using the app with a nexus 7 and/or Android 5.0/5.1 and having wi-fi issues?
Using nexus 7 2013 model and no issues at all running 5.1. Make sure you forget all close networks before you fly. It will try or favor a network with an internet connection.

@ccase39 A new version (1.2.6) is out which should fix the black maps on Android 4.1

Using nexus 7 2013 model and no issues at all running 5.1. Make sure you forget all close networks before you fly. It will try or favor a network with an internet connection.
I have did that, it dont matter what i do, Man that sucks(for me) yours works just fine, this is a new tab with no BS on it just 3 app and the stuff it comes with..

Pugnacious,
To check the wind speed at altitude, you can switch to atti mode and let the wind carry your Phantom, checking the speed on your app will reflect the wind speed, then switch back to gps mode.

Pugnacious,
To check the wind speed at altitude, you can switch to atti mode and let the wind carry your Phantom, checking the speed on your app will reflect the wind speed, then switch back to gps mode.
Interesting idea. I assume switching to GPS mode will simple then make it stand still at the time you click the switch back. If you let a phantom drift off in atti mode until its out of signal range, does that then start the return to home feature?

just purchased your app, can't wait to try it out
I also went out and bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1" to use along with it
POI (Point of Interest) is tops on my list of wants
Many times I have seen an interesting subject that I would love to circle while keeping it framed in the centre

a question:
is this the same app?
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/vision-pilot-android-app-follow-me-beta.39249/#post-360271

POI is on top of everybody's list. If you read back several days in this thread you will see that POI cannot be accomplished due to firmware limitations from DJI. Kaehn said he would try another way to achieve POI. Several experts have tried but to this point nobody has made the camera point where we want it on an automated (GS) mission. Someday perhaps...

POI is on top of everybody's list. If you read back several days in this thread you will see that POI cannot be accomplished due to firmware limitations from DJI. Kaehn said he would try another way to achieve POI. Several experts have tried but to this point nobody has made the camera point where we want it on an automated (GS) mission. Someday perhaps...
I did read back, I did see the postings
I was just also expressing an interest, and the link I provided was a bit confusing with the name, thought it may be the same app, but I guess not
What is not possible one day suddenly becomes possible a few days later, technology advances are almost at the speed of light (<<jk)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164