Litchi and gimbal angles flying waypoints and POI's

I was struggling with topography when flying missions.

You have been kind enough to share time and effort you've learned and experienced. I've learned like I'm back in college again and that I need to study much more to pass the exam.

I bought a very fast laptop to work on videos but what I didn't realize the Phantoms are much more powerful than I envisioned.

To show how "lame" I am I've been struggling with interpolate. Maybe that's why I saved quantitive math and calculus and advanced calculus till my senior year. I actually never practiced engineering I got a BBA in Marketing and worked for Sears, Raytheon and GE. In sales your income wasn't limited!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

We all have our moments we're only human lol I apologize if I was a little too harsh. So your struggling to understand intropelate? It's quite a simple concept I'll try to explain. K so let's say you have two waypoints 100 feet apart and a poi in between them but let's say 100 feet in front, so that makes a triangle with the 2 wp's in bottom corners and poi making tip of the triangle. Now let's say your drone is starting at the left corner wp in the triangle and is at 100 feet. Poi is set at 3 ft both wp's set at focus on poi. Now second wp in right triangle corner is set at 200 feet so gimbal angle is going to be more right? Now if intropelate isn't active when quad is focused on poi and the leaves towards wp 2 it will yaw left as it's moving to keep poi in center view and when it gets to wp2 the gimbal will move quickly to put poi in center. Now if intropelate is active while it's moving from wp1 to wp2 it will also be adjusting gimbal angle so it's a smoother transition making for smoother video as it climbs form 100 to 200 feet between the two wp's. Without intropelate it would be like at wp 1 it focuses on poi then the nose of ac kept that heading then turned once it got to wp2 rather than turning smoothly as it traveled between the two wp's.

I'm copying all of these files to my documents! You have energized my learning again!

Where do you live...work....do...just a little info! You obviously use the Scientific Method far better than me!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I do the same thing lol I save everything that catches my eye that I learned something from then when the day comes and I'm like I don't get this but I know I read it somewhere what was that thread? Well I can just go through my saves rather than pulling hair out haha. I live in new mexico and yourself?

I'm having this issue too where it seems to aim too high. More pronounced closer to the POI. Something mentioned in this thread seems to indicate that the POI height might be relative to first waypoint altitude and not the take off point. Is this true? If I set my first waypoint at 200 ft and the POI is set at the default 3', will it try to focus at a point in the air at 203'? This doesn't seem quite right when I look at the video though. But even at long range the poi seems below center.

I'm having this issue too where it seems to aim too high. More pronounced closer to the POI. Something mentioned in this thread seems to indicate that the POI height might be relative to first waypoint altitude and not the take off point. Is this true? If I set my first waypoint at 200 ft and the POI is set at the default 3', will it try to focus at a point in the air at 203'? This doesn't seem quite right when I look at the video though. But even at long range the poi seems below center.
Everything is relative to the first waypoint. As proof drop your first waypoint and the. Drop a POI at the same height. You'll see the pitch set by the software to be 0 degrees.

EDIT: Clearly you can see my words didn't match my example. Everything is relative to the ground at take off. My example shows that. Sorry I'm tired and I shouldn't still be on this **** forum.

Everything is relative to the first waypoint. As proof drop your first waypoint and the. Drop a POI at the same height. You'll see the pitch set by the software to be 0 degrees.

EDIT: Clearly you can see my words didn't match my example. Everything is relative to the ground at take off. My example shows that. Sorry I'm tired and I shouldn't still be on this **** forum.
Thanks. I was about to clarify my question but I see we are on the same page now. I think my mistake was an amateur one. After clipping a tree on the prior attempt, I added 100 ft to every waypoint using the bulk edit in the litchi app on my iPhone (can't find a way to do this in Mission Hub). But I failed to go into Mission hub and recalculate all the gimbal angles based on my new height.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94