Limited flight distance after firmware update

Reaction score
My apologies, if this seems to be a recurring question on this board....seems to me I saw something a while back concerning this very thing: about 4 weeks ago I updated the new firmware as prompted to Aircraft ver. 01.04.0602 and RC ver.01.04.01.00 Since that time I have been unable to fly higher or farther that I previously could. I only fly VLOS but the distance last night could only reach 178 feet, and I know I can see farther than that! I use a iPad 4 mini with wifi and cellular. Is it true that one needs to be logged into the DJI app account to get by this flight restriction?? I do have a data plan for my ipad TODAY....last night I did NOT and my buddies Mavic Pro was making my P4P look like a wimp....he was using his phone to fly, and we did have cellular service, I did not. Just wondering if this is really the case, and I log into my account before flying, if the flight restriction will be eliminated?...NOTE: I do NOT have "Enable Max Distance" turned on...thanks in advance.

All you need to do is log in while you have internet service. When you do that ONCE, the distance limitations will be lifted. You do NOT have to be logged in to fly afterwards, nor do you need to be internet connected afterwards. You will be able to fly normally after you do that. All that is happening is an update of the NFZ's. But caution, if you are any where near an NFZ, it will be different than before, and it may not allow you to fly in that area at all.

Just wondering if this is really the case, and I log into my account before flying, if the flight restriction will be eliminated?
If that's what was really causing the problem, you can find more details about lifting the restrictions here.

Thanks all for the quick responses, i will put these suggestions to good use!

Logging into my DJI account before firing up the drone worked great, I did not test exactly how high or far or how high I could take it, but I was not longer limited to 100 feet. Thank you!

I plan to fly with a P4PP in areas that have no wifi or cellular data. What differences compared to flying with wifi will I experience--if any? Thanks!

What differences compared to flying with wifi will I experience--if any?
You'll likely see no difference unless you're using the features that require being connected to the Internet (e.g. downloading maps in real-time or streaming to YouTube).

Thanks--that is what I expected. The map that I see on the P4P DJI GO4 App is less detailed than the map on the P4PP. Is this to be expected? (Nothing has been downloaded.)

The map that I see on the P4P DJI GO4 App is less detailed than the map on the P4PP. Is this to be expected?
You'll see differences if you're running DJI GO 4 on both Android and Apple devices. The P4P+ remote controller is an Android device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka