Lightbridge 2 With P4P

Reaction score
Hi All! First post here but have enjoyed lurking so far and would like to start contributing. But first a question. Can you help me accomplish a goal of mine? The title sort of describes what I'd like to do but I'm not sure it's possible. What I'd really want is this:

Use a Phantom 4 Pro (plus) to take video and then direct that feed to multiple tablets wirelessly. It seems that the Lightbridge system would enable this but I don't know if it integrates with a P4P.

We use Phantoms for whale watching and the vision is to share live with our passengers the feed from the quadcopter.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Here's a few of my videos:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Texacola
Wow! That top video is crazy cool! Man it looks like your gonna get nailed by one of the birds eventually though! Wish I could help with your question. Sounds like a neat idea possibly. Is this shot in Cali?

I have a P4 that you can select a broadcast platform e.g. YouTube, Facebook etc. could you try that and notify those that you want to see it on a channel if you have one. Never tried it but it's there in the app. General settings/select live broadcast platform. I guess you would have to have mobile coverage to do this.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I have a P4 that you can select a broadcast platform e.g. YouTube, Facebook etc. could you try that and notify those that you want to see it on a channel if you have one. Never tried it but it's there in the app. General settings/select live broadcast platform. I guess you would have to have mobile coverage to do this.

That is a good suggestion for a work around. The primary issue is often lack of mobile service (and good service at that) over the ocean and the 10 second (or whatever it is) delay of Facebook/Youtube live would probably confuse the viewers who are also watching the animals movements in real time from the boat.

It seems lightbridge provides a solution but almost like its too professional to be integrated with the Phantom series.

That is a good suggestion for a work around. The primary issue is often lack of mobile service (and good service at that) over the ocean and the 10 second (or whatever it is) delay of Facebook/Youtube live would probably confuse the viewers who are also watching the animals movements in real time from the boat.

It seems lightbridge provides a solution but almost like its too professional to be integrated with the Phantom series.
You only need mobile service at the location of your device regardless of where the drone is located. The lightbridge setup for the P4/P4 pro is purely for signal and video connection to your drone and from my experience, the lag is minimal. Pretty sure your device will determine the quality of any streaming you do.

You only need mobile service at the location of your device regardless of where the drone is located. The lightbridge setup for the P4/P4 pro is purely for signal and video connection to your drone and from my experience, the lag is minimal. Pretty sure your device will determine the quality of any streaming you do.

Right, but we launch the drone from the boat, so we are in the same service area generally.

I think I got an idea of how this could work... the HDMI output from the P4P+ controller can link to the HDMI input of the Lightbridge and then broadcast a live feed from the Lightbridge Antennas to other devices with DJI Go App . I think I will give this a shot!

Last edited:
You could use one of the tablets that everybody talks about on here that has an HDMI output on it. Run a micro HMDI from the tablet to a large flat screen on the boat or a powered HDMI hub with tablets connected.

Samsung tablets and iPads have the feature of Casting the screen wirelessly to another device, usually a compatible TV though. Should be able to Cast to multiple like devices i think. Samsung to Samsung or iPad to iPad.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You could use one of the tablets that everybody talks about on here that has an HDMI output on it. Run a micro HMDI from the tablet to a large flat screen on the boat or a powered HDMI hub with tablets connected.

Samsung tablets and iPads have the feature of Casting the screen wirelessly to another device, usually a compatible TV though. Should be able to Cast to multiple like devices i think. Samsung to Samsung or iPad to iPad.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

That's the Nvidia Shield K1

Yes, definitely considering that. Really hoping to use Crystal Sky actually, which should be out soon and I think (??) has been advertised with HDMI? The high brightness display would be a big help since this is all in the sunlight.

The casting feature I have never heard of which could be really helpful, I will look into that, thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen