Lets see some stills

Wow I now realize I suck at using my drone

No matter what I do m pictures do not come out that good.

What photo editing software are you guys using for Windows PCs?

Wow I now realize I suck at using my drone

No matter what I do m pictures do not come out that good.

What photo editing software are you guys using for Windows PCs?
I'm on a mac, but all the software is just as available on a PC so my workflow wouldn't be any different:
- Import raw images in Adobe Lightroom 5
- Retouching and more advanced processing in Photoshop CC2014

Usually, I won't have to go into Photoshop at all, except for the images where I need to remove myself, and when I'm shooting in snow (needs color correction in layers).

If I could give you two hints, it would be shoot in raw (.DNG format), and use Adobe Lightroom.

I'm on a mac, but all the software is just as available on a PC so my workflow wouldn't be any different:
- Import raw images in Adobe Lightroom 5
- Retouching and more advanced processing in Photoshop CC2014

Usually, I won't have to go into Photoshop at all, except for the images where I need to remove myself, and when I'm shooting in snow (needs color correction in layers).

If I could give you two hints, it would be shoot in raw (.DNG format), and use Adobe Lightroom.
It's OK also camera raw with Photoshop, I don't think light room is needed...

It's OK also camera raw with Photoshop, I don't think light room is needed...
Yep, CameraRaw works too, but once you've tried Lightroom I can guarantee you that you'll never go back. When I started shooting raw many years back I was pulling my hair out over how unintuitive it was to process the files in CameraRaw. For one image it might be OK, but if you have hundreds (which I often have coming back from a shoot) it is a very slow process, even with Adobe Bridge. Using Lightroom revolutionized the way I work with images, and I've been using it since the 4th version.

I also keep track of my entire photo and video library with both Phantom and the rest of my camera gear (DSLRs, GoPros) in the library function, which in my opinion offers unparalleled ease of use for both photo and video.

Can a GoPro shoot in RAW? My 4 Black doesn't seem to have the option.
I shoot only RAW on my Canon 6D, but my Phantom isn't going to be lifting that thing into the air anytime soon.

I load all mine into photoshop to do basic contrast and other corrections. I also own Lightroom but haven't ever learned to use it, as it's only a new addition to my arsenal - my laptop died and when I bought the Surface Pro 3 to replace it, I bought Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and Lightroom as a package (I think Lr came with Ps, and the Premiere might have been a separate package) so just went straight to Photoshop which I know well. I'll one day have to learn my way around Lr if only for the photo indexing and searching options.

Some nice low fog this morning

17185734895_671502a0e4_o.jpg

Reactions: gingerbloke
One of the first shots I took with my new vision+ V3! I unfortunately had the settings on full sun so I think it could have been much better. Love flying the phantom and looking forward to exploring some cool spots with it.
lake carrol2.jpg

Our HS golf coach wanted something different.
image.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Has anybody tried extracting a single frame from a video clip and processing as a photo. I have tried this with some sucess. I load the video clip into Photoshop (CS6), run it back and forth to find a suitable frame then save that frame as a jpg image which can then be processed like a normal still photo. Sometimes it is useful for getting a picture that would otherwise have been missed.

As I haven't posted on this forum before, I'm not sure if this photo will upload properly, but here goes:

Attachments

• Instow2.17.03.jpg
    Instow2.17.03.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 339
dig, no I haven't done that but yes, some do it pretty easily. The resolution is not very high to make a high quality print. You should be able to make small prints pretty easily though.

DJI00072.jpg
DJI00097.jpg
goldenGate edit.jpg
goldengate edit2.jpg
goldenGateFromafar.jpg

Reactions: lignow
Has anybody tried extracting a single frame from a video clip and processing as a photo. ...
All my photos a page or so back were done exactly that way.
I use Premiere Pro to process my video, and whenever I see a nice single frame that I'd like to make into a photo, I use the capture tool to capture it out of the video, and then go process it in Photoshop.

I used to have it capture still shots every 5 seconds and shoot in 1080, but now I shoot in 4K and capture the exact frame I want. One shot every 5 seconds created thousands of shots, and they were rarely exactly where I wanted them. They were so often taken just a moment before, or a moment after, the best possible composition. No matter how well you fly, the phantom still moves slightly while in the air, and invariably seems to find it impossible to be in the pixel perfect spot when the shot goes off. Extracting the shots you want from the video feed solves that problem.

image.jpg

Winter time in Virginia at take off

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT