Lenovo Tab 3 7 " tablet for P4

Reaction score
Who has experience with Lenovo Tab 3 7 "tablet and DJI GO 4. They're running Android 5.0. If you do, how do you like it. What are your experiences. The resolution is not great but that is irrelevant. I just want to know if the tablet is compatible with the DJI GO 4 software.

Thanks

Who has experience with Lenovo Tab 3 7 "tablet and DJI GO 4. They're running Android 5.0. If you do, how do you like it. What are your experiences. The resolution is not great but that is irrelevant. I just want to know if the tablet is compatible with the DJI GO 4 software.

Thanks
I'm pretty sure that device is not on DJI's list of tested and approved devices. You'll be on your own if you have any issues. I'm pretty sure the flight log records the device type. Flying with it could give DJI a reason to not honor warranty if you crash while using a non approved device. However I haven't heard of DJI doing that yet, just a thought I had.

Thanks for your reaction. I know the device it is not listed by DJI. The list of DJI has to do with DJI agreements with certain companies. Marketing. Some known tablets are advised, others unknown tablets are not. That do not mean that the unknown tablets are not good. My question is whether there are pilots who have experience with the Lenovo Tab 3 7 " tablet and DJI GO 4.

Thanks for your reaction. I know the device it is not listed by DJI. The list of DJI has to do with DJI agreements with certain companies. Marketing. Some known tablets are advised, others unknown tablets are not. That do not mean that the unknown tablets are not good. My question is whether there are pilots who have experience with the Lenovo Tab 3 7 " tablet and DJI GO 4.
The reason I mention the compatibility list from DJI was not to imply your device isn't good, it's the DJI S/W that isn't good. I think you are mistaken about DJI "agreements" and "marketing". There has been a history of DJI pilots having problems with DJI's android app working well with just any android device. The evidence implies that DJI's android s/w team isn't experienced enough to create "android compatible" for the hundreds of phones on the market. I surmise DJI's android team in China are not following Google guidelines and acceptable practices to the letter. We're all used to experiencing Android compatibility across all Android platforms for any app from the Playstore, but that's not the case with DJI. So bottom line, if you ARE NOT using one of DJI's tested devices, you're taking a bigger risk of occasional crashes or problems, that's the pattern reported in the forum.

I'm an android fan, my personal phone is LG-G5. But 2yrs ago I had so many problems with multiple android devices (DJI tested OK) to fly my P3P, I switched to iOS. I think in two years and over 3mil ft of flight, I've had one crash of the Pilot/Go/Go4 apps. I attribute that to a better iOS s/w team at DJI, and apple products being strictly controlled from an architectural point of view, as well as an OS point of view. Apple locks things down more, which is why I'm not an iOS fan in general. However to fly DJI, I only use iOS devices.

John, thanks for your reply. I appreciate the advice of an experienced greatly. I can imagine your choice for iOS as a device for DVI. As a photographer, I work only with IOS.
We use the P4 just for making real Estade photos. But it is indeed important that the P4 does not fall from the sky. Therefore, we will make a choice from the tablet proposed by DJI.
Again, thanks for your advice.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West