Launching from a moving boat!

Reaction score
Had some difficulty initially trying to launch from a moving boat. I don't recommend anything but a hand launch because the Phantom will instinctively try to maintain a static point the second it's off the ground (boat) and this inevitably results in a backwards tip over. Trying to fly forwards with the right stick as you lift off is too difficult to gauge forward speed. The only thing that worked for me was the hand launch which I have practised on land first. Controller in left hand with thumb on left stick (UP). Phantom held by leg in right hand above head. Left stick fully up, deep breath, release the phantom. Be ready for the immediate backwards movement of the Phantom in relation to the moving boat!!!!! Obviously the slower the boat is moving the easier the take off!

DJI09064 - YouTube

Best bet is to stop the boat for a launch. One guy tried to launch while doing 35-40 mph. Not a pretty sight, nice splash though. Of course from a large ship it's hard to get em to stop but you have a lot larger launch area. Hand launching is the preferred method of take of and landing. Ahoy matey good flying.

Won't dynamic home point keep it comming to you?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl