P3 Firmware Latest P3S Firmware Update & Litchi

Reaction score
Hello there. This question is kind of a mixed bag of firmware and software so I apologize if it is improperly posted.

Just today, I noticed my P3S has a firmware update available and in the notes it says the firmware upgrade restricts altitude and distance, which doesn't make me real happy and makes me very apprehensive to update.

Is this a good update and will it affect ANY of Litchi's functionality?

On a side note, I did notice that the drone wants to "auto land" itself while flying in the 300 - 350 foot range, to which I have to manually cancel. I have to wonder if this is tied to the firmware that I haven't updated yet.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Everyone seems to be confused about the new update requirements. It is NOT necessary to update the AC or RC firmware. All you need to do is log in to the app while connected to the internet one time. That will remove any flight restrictions.

Everyone seems to be confused about the new update requirements. It is NOT necessary to update the AC or RC firmware. All you need to do is log in to the app while connected to the internet one time. That will remove any flight restrictions.
So, yes, the update is ok to apply and everything will function as it always has/had?

Personally I avoid firmware updates, unless there is something very significant in the change. DJI rarely informs you of what the update actually does. I am not saying yes or no on the firmware update in your case. But using what you have should be fine, just do the app log in and test that first. If there is no change in performance then leave the firmware alone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka